Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Considering hellcat durango

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Thread Starter #81
Yikes....Jimmie...what did "Mag"...do to get yer nuts all puffed up:unsure:
lol, he's just funnin'

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #82
But speaking of build process and other dodge questions I've only ever bought two dodges, this Charger HC and a used Dodge ~ 20 years ago.

1. If you put a deposit down on a dealer ordered car, can you refuse once its delivered, and you can see it in person, if you do not like it, without penalty?

2. This one does not have the tow package - could that be added later? On some, it is a whole different bumper, etc...

3. On the build question, there is no VIN on it yet, but there is a VON. It has "Dealer Order" scheduling priority and a build priority of "99". What do those mean for dodge?

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
But speaking of build process and other dodge questions I've only ever bought two dodges, this Charger HC and a used Dodge ~ 20 years ago.

1. If you put a deposit down on a dealer ordered car, can you refuse once its delivered, and you can see it in person, if you do not like it, without penalty?

2. This one does not have the tow package - could that be added later? On some, it is a whole different bumper, etc...

3. On the build question, there is no VIN on it yet, but there is a VON. It has "Dealer Order" scheduling priority and a build priority of "99". What do those mean for dodge?
I would be hard pressed to believe a dealer would not refund a deposit on this specific vehicle.... and one would think there would be laws on the books that probably vary by state regarding the deposit process...I've never heard of a non refundable deposit on an ordered vehicle...but then..I'm no lawyer..(nor would I want to be)

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Yikes....Jimmie...what did "Mag"...do to get yer nuts all puffed up:unsure:
Just his normal stuff, really. Driving and shopping for 4-doors.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger

1) Yes, you can refuse it, and should get your deposit back. If it's a decent dealer.

2) On 'Hawks the receiver is easily added after the fact, but there's supposedly some missing wiring for a brake control, which is all that simple to add.

3) Dealer order/99 won't be prioritized like a Sold order/01 would be. But that can be changed early in the ordering process.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Lexington
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Durango Hellcat
I put a deposit on one in September and was finally able to put the order in on Nov 4th. It just came in yesterday.
7FC9BC66-1687-4A07-87A3-DE966ADA59DA.jpeg

Attachments

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #87
That's is sweet.

it is heavy metal.gif

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #89
I found the exact one I want, and still about at MSRP in NM but where i am now I can't spare the 95K or whatever to pick it up. Such a shame. It would work for me in every way. I found a site that lists everyone in the country that are still listed as in dealer inventory. If I can find it again I'll post it up; your friend can check it out. I was floored because it's in a small town that I've actually passed through in my younger days - there's all these big dealers tough and nailing it to pick these up and this place squirrels one away.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
I found the exact one I want, and still about at MSRP in NM but where i am now I can't spare the 95K or whatever to pick it up. Such a shame. It would work for me in every way. I found a site that lists everyone in the country that are still listed as in dealer inventory. If I can find it again I'll post it up; your friend can check it out. I was floored because it's in a small town that I've actually passed through in my younger days - there's all these big dealers tough and nailing it to pick these up and this place squirrels one away.
If you could link that site that would be amazing, is it for all dodge products?

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Oh come on and just get it after the Charger gets sold... :)

Where is it at?

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
There's no need for you to get a Durango Hellcat, Magnified.

I just returned from a quick test drive with the new-to-me erzats 'Hawk and can barely tell that there's a 567 hp difference.
My bank account will notice the $68K price difference, though.

Now I just need to drive a lot, taking advantage of the 40 mpg vs.17, so the TRX will become free.

DSCN3879[1].JPG

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
And here I thought I saw @Jimmy N. yesterday after one last joyride through the mud!

Attachments

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Thankfully, mine's never been driven in rain, let alone mud. But that is about how my girlfriend's Granite one looks.
It must be dirtier in Santa Fe than I thought. Plus we haven't had enough rain for free car washes.