Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Code P0EA7

Hellcat Dre

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jacksonville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 dodge hellcat challenger
I have a 2016 challenger A8. 180 t-stat,cai(JLT) and a bwoody race version heat exchanger. I have had the heat exchanger for about two years and the 180 t-stat for about the same. I first started noticing the car running up in temp like 225,230, 240 really quick when I’m getting on it. I then got the code P0EA7 and the check engine like would come on. I would let it cool down and after 3 start cycles it would go away but would randomly say low coolant. When I drive and don’t go into boost the temp stays around 195 and doesn’t raise fast. So I knew it wasn’t the t-stat. After thinking I had air pockets in the system I bought the funnel kit, jacking the car up and using the bleeder screws and trying to bleed the system. No air came out the system. Took it to the dealer they did a pressure leak test no leaks. They did did a voltage test on the auxiliary coolant pump it was dropping voltage randomly. So long story short they are replacing the pump part number (5181868AF) the price is 1261.75 it will fix the problem.

Attachments

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
P0EA7-LTR PUMP PERFORMANCE

Theory of Operation
To improve engine performance the Charge Air Cooler (CAC) system is used to cool the charge air. The Charge Air Cooler (CAC) reduces the charge air temperature increase caused by the supercharger. The CAC system consists of an electric CAC Pump, Charge Air Coolers, Coolant Reservoir, Charge Air Cooler Radiator, Charge Air Cooler Coolant Temperature Sensor and plumbing. The CAC system operates independent of the vehicle’s primary cooling system.

The CAC Pump is a smart device that contains a LIN Bus communication module and a coolant pump. To maintain a desired charge air temperature, the PCM sends a pump speed command over the LIN bus to the internal CAC pump module. The internal CAC pump module controls the pump speed/coolant flow rate using Pulse-width modulation (PWM). The CAC Pump assembly monitors for internal system circuit and performance failures. If a fault occurs the CAC Pump module sends the fault information to the PCM through the dedicated LIN Bus. The PCM processes the information received, then sets the correlating fault.

When Monitored and Set Conditions
When Monitored: This diagnostic runs continuously when the following conditions are met:

• With the engine running.
    • No active circuit faults for the Charge Air Cooler Pump Assembly.
    • Charge Air Cooler Pump Assembly above a minimum calibrated threshold.
Set Conditions:

• The PCM receives a LIN bus message from the Charge Air Cooler Coolant Pump that the pump current is either much greater than, or less than expected at a particular rpm.
Default Actions:

• The MIL light will illuminate.
Possible Causes
BLOCKAGE IN THE COOLANT FLOW
LOW COOLANT / NO COOLANT
EXCESSIVE AIR IS MIXED WITH THE COOLANT
CHARGE AIR COOLER COOLANT PUMP

best way to prevent air in the system is to use a vacuum refiller tool.

OP
Hellcat Dre

Hellcat Dre

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jacksonville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #3
There was no air in the system. I was going thru the least expensive ways and not trying to take it to the dealership

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
@Hellcat Dre that is a copy and a paste from
fnkychkn he is a guru on many things. He doesn't come around much at all but he is a friend of mine.

I am not an expert, but I would try changing out the T stat, there have been many posts on failures.
I had one myself fail and it's not a part you want to failure!

OP
Hellcat Dre

Hellcat Dre

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jacksonville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #5
Ok thanks I will see about getting a new one

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat!
@Hellcat Dre that is a copy and a paste from
fnkychkn he is a guru on many things. He doesn't come around much at all but he is a friend of mine.

I am not an expert, but I would try changing out the T stat, there have been many posts on failures.
I had one myself fail and it's not a part you want to failure!
Pete always comes through, with the goods!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk