Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Close Call

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Out in the Charger HC taking care of various business. After filling up with 93 (at the only station w/in 70 miles that has it) I head out to my spot and do a couple of quick sprints and 0-60 runs. At the end of the last run I keep going down to the Interstate, stop, turn right on to the access road. The road goes straight for a couple of hundred yards, then gently rolls left into a dip and then comes up on the other side, and half way up the other side the on ramp breaks off. This is in the boonies and there is nothing but fields here, except a couple of hundred yards beyond the on-ramp split is the district DPS office. Not sure even what the limit is on the access road. I don't see anyone anywhere and goose the car just a little, so I'm at about 65 and approaching the dip when a DPS Charger comes into view coming up this side of the dip. I'm about a foot or 18 inches over the line too (ready to take that on ramp). So I angle back into my lane gently (I already wasn't accelerating) and as he closes he's got his windows down and is looking at the center stack. As I passed him I kept an eye on the rearview and he didn't turn around. I'm sure his radar must have lit up - and there is still no front plate on the car - so I owe the guy one.

I thought about him making a radio call too. I drove past the country law enforcement center less than 2 minutes later and a deputy was turning in and a police officer was pulling out and followed me for about 4 miles. I halfway expected the lights, but nothing happened.

I wouldn't have squawked if I got pulled over, either. As I've touted elsewhere, you have to take responsibility for your actions. Hope a little luck comes your way today, too.

Last edited:

HellcatFan

1000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Glad you didn’t get snagged. Go buy some lottery tickets (y)

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger
Dodged that ticket... ;)

Phizzle

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Francisco
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger Hellcat
Nice! Sometimes we get lucky like that.

I feel like my red HC keeps me in check out in public. Especially with a mid delete. As soon as you hit it, popo will be instantly looking for a bright red car.