Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Charger roll cages & harness....

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Couldn’t the front bar be installed at a later date since I’m not running 8.5 yet?
The NHRA certs cars in categories and they each have their own requirements. 7.5 to 8.5... 8.5 to 10.0. To go below 10.0 you have to cert for 8.5. Talk to the NHRA. 😂

Last edited:

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
The NHRA certs cars in categories and the each have their own requirements. 7.5 to 8.5... 8.5 to 10.0. To go below 10.0 you have to cert for 8.5. Talk to the NHRA. 😂
So the roll cages that rpm advertising are basically useless I notice they offer them also if you don’t mind sharing, what could one expect to pay to have one installed??

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
So the roll cages that rpm advertising are basically useless I notice they offer them also if you don’t mind sharing, what could one expect to pay to have one installed??
RPM sells a “cage” addition that can be added to the basic roll bar that they sell. It has to be welded at points to the roll bar. Go to their website and you can see that and their prices. RPMs workmanship is actually good. There’s nothing wrong with their product and you can get their cage setup certified if it’s installed correctly. As far as costs go.... beyond the price of the materials, it’s all labor and there’s a lot of it so that’s going to depend on who’s charging you and how long they need to do it. Like I said... full custom Chromoly cages done by experienced shops run in the five to seven thousand range. Mine was $7000 and it took seven work days to complete.

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
RPM sells a “cage” addition that can be added to the basic roll bar that they sell. It has to be welded at points to the roll bar. Go to their website and you can see that and their prices. RPMs workmanship is actually good. There’s nothing wrong with their product and you can get their cage setup certified if it’s installed correctly. As far as costs go.... beyond the price of the materials it all labor and there’s a lot of it so that’s going to depend on who’s charging you and how long they need to do it. Like I said... full custom Chromoly cages done by experienced shops run in the five to seven thousand range. Mine was $7000 and it took seven work days to complete.
Damn I need to slow down 😂

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
Linda are you running a cage??
No I do not and usually race 10.0s

Top Cat has a full certified Custom Cage by HHP.

Bruce has the Blue Print for it.

Linda

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
First set of pictures, picture 3, with the triple bars coming in - those are nice welds. That's not made in Mexico stuff there. So nice to see there is still some craftsmanship out there.

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
First set of pictures, picture 3, with the triple bars coming in - those are nice welds. That's not made in Mexico stuff there. So nice to see there is still some craftsmanship out there.
No not Mexico... St George, Utah. 😊