Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

BoostedGTA 2021 Super Stock

oilburner

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
coboconk
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Still working on breaking the car in... 180 miles so far. Loving it, but can't wait to let it eat!

Speaking of that, these finally showed up. My front wheels for the drag pack--Weld Ventura 18x5's. Rears are still back ordered. Along with the Hoosier front runners... Along with the Nitto 555G2 315/40/18 front street tires... along with my Demon race filter... Is there anything not back ordered these days?!?
I`ve been waiting for a R.F. demon caliper since Feb an now the super stock gets those calipers so I guess I will be waiting, who knows how long for one.:cautious:

Member ID
Reactions
City
Macedon
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Those wheels and tires should be coming soon… BB7CDCF2-8089-48DB-939D-7A0386977353.jpeg BB7CDCF2-8089-48DB-939D-7A0386977353.jpeg 433A469A-9E19-4FAB-86FD-49309D110A85.jpeg

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)

Mike L.

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Yorba Linda
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger Hellcat A8
Looks great! How much HP is that dog worth?
Looks like the dog is retired.

OP
BoostedGTA

BoostedGTA

Member ID
Reactions
City
Greenville
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Thread Starter #45
OP
BoostedGTA

BoostedGTA

Member ID
Reactions
City
Greenville
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Thread Starter #46
Got the latest and greatest HP Tuners MVPI2+ set up today. Anyone use HP Tuners in here? Would be curious to see what channel configs everyone likes. I got the standalone datalogging set up this afternoon and tested it. It works! All you have to do is plug the device into your OBD port and hit the button to start/stop recording. Alternatively, you can set up custom triggers to start recording based on acceleration, g-forces, etc. No cables or laptop needed in the car! This works out great because my local track just started enforcing that laptops must be bolted down in the car now--not in the floor, not in the seat with seatbelt, etc. I'll be glad to leave the laptop at home.

Also, i'm curious to see the differences in the Demon stock tune (808 HP) versus the Super Stock. I have both files but haven't done a comparison yet... more on that later. 20210919_195435[550].jpg

Mike Jesse

Member ID
Reactions
City
Bremerton
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 SRT Super Stock 2022 Ram 1500 TRX
I assume you did not have to unlock the ECU to just log with the new MPVI2+?
I guess I need to read up about the new version on their web page.

OP
BoostedGTA

BoostedGTA

Member ID
Reactions
City
Greenville
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Thread Starter #48
I assume you did not have to unlock the ECU to just log with the new MPVI2+?
I guess I need to read up about the new version on their web page.
Correct. Datalogging can be done with just the purchase of the software/interface from HP Tuners. No credits or licensing required (no unlocking PCM).

Phast Hemi

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
SHELBY TOWNSHIP
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Chall SRT Hellcat Redeye
Correct. Datalogging can be done with just the purchase of the software/interface from HP Tuners. No credits or licensing required (no unlocking PCM).
Are you able to log knock retard and Injector duty cycle with that device and no laptop? Did you install the security gateway bypass cable [the hp tuners version installs behind the radio].

OP
BoostedGTA

BoostedGTA

Member ID
Reactions
City
Greenville
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Thread Starter #50
Are you able to log knock retard and Injector duty cycle with that device and no laptop? Did you install the security gateway bypass cable [the hp tuners version installs behind the radio].
I am just datalogging for now, which so far is working fine without the bypass cable. I haven't changed any of the PIDS yet, but the default one has knock retard. I'm sure IDC can be added as well, but I'll figure that out shortly since I want to set up a custom set of parameters to log.

Here are the defaults that were already set up (except for ambient air temp which is at the bottom): Screenshot 2021-09-20 222956.png

OP
BoostedGTA

BoostedGTA

Member ID
Reactions
City
Greenville
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Thread Starter #51
So while I'm waiting on my backordered Weld 17x10 rears, I found a set of Demon wheels from a forum member. Was trying to figure out how to get the Demon wheels powdercoated to match my Super Stock wheels (granite gray) but think I may have found a "quick fix" to go racing and have a close match. I remembered I had some anthracite gray plastidip on the shelf from years ago so I went to check. Found a test subject (aluminum can) and these are the results. It is so close that I don't think anyone would even notice! I will give that a try and if I don't like it, I can peel it off. 20210922_190652[560].jpg

Mike Jesse

Member ID
Reactions
City
Bremerton
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 SRT Super Stock 2022 Ram 1500 TRX
I'd call that a match.
Run with it.
We need numbers!

Member ID
Reactions
City
Macedon
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
You should be seeing those wheels and tires soon. I received the check today and the shipping labels. Anyone else on here dealing with Boosted GTA ought to know he did exactly what he said he would. 100% standup guy!
Nice match on the Plastidip!

Phast Hemi

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
SHELBY TOWNSHIP
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
I am just datalogging for now, which so far is working fine without the bypass cable. I haven't changed any of the PIDS yet, but the default one has knock retard. I'm sure IDC can be added as well, but I'll figure that out shortly since I want to set up a custom set of parameters to log.

Here are the defaults that were already set up (except for ambient air temp which is at the bottom): View attachment 53956
Just because the PID appears, does not mean it will populate with data from the car. I was unable to log those channels on a locked pcm with my mpv1

OP
BoostedGTA

BoostedGTA

Member ID
Reactions
City
Greenville
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Thread Starter #55
You should be seeing those wheels and tires soon. I received the check today and the shipping labels. Anyone else on here dealing with Boosted GTA ought to know he did exactly what he said he would. 100% standup guy!
Nice match on the Plastidip!
Thanks Wayne! So excited to try them out as our weather down here is finally getting cooler.

OP
BoostedGTA

BoostedGTA

Member ID
Reactions
City
Greenville
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Thread Starter #56
Just because the PID appears, does not mean it will populate with data from the car. I was unable to log those channels on a locked pcm with my mpv1
It logs fine so far... mpvi2+. Screenshot 2021-09-22 211038.png

OP
BoostedGTA

BoostedGTA

Member ID
Reactions
City
Greenville
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Thread Starter #57
Here's a picture of what I last used the anthracite gray plastidip on... These wheels on my 2003 Z06 were "hyper silver" which appeared to look like polished aluminum and I didn't like it. So I put the anthracite gray plastidip on them and this is how it turned out: IMG_20150831_222828.jpg

Phast Hemi

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
SHELBY TOWNSHIP
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
I tuned my own vets and turned out great. Used HP tuners. And a Z28.

OP
BoostedGTA

BoostedGTA

Member ID
Reactions
City
Greenville
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Thread Starter #60
based on your screen shot, you do not appear to be logging IDC or TPS...as there would be a numeric value there if you were...
You originally asked about knock retard and IDC, and I said knock retard is logging fine (as you can see). I haven't had time to figure out injector duty cycle yet, but I understand it can be done as a math calculation using injector pulse width since there is no actual PID for IDC. My main concern is datalogging since I'm not tuning this car anytime soon, and so far it looks like it's going to work great.