Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Barth and HPTuners?

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Did I hear right that Tim Barth now offers HPTuners tuning?

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
@jonx96 sent me something about that

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Correct. He is offering both. I talked to him briefly about it on Facebook the other day.
I was glad to see he has added it as an option. I think he does great work I’ve followed his page for awhile.
I think it says something about Diablo if he started using hp tuners. Unless he just wanted to expand his customer base.

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
He also has been working close with their engineering team. Which could be a win for us who use hp tuners because I’m sure he has been making requests for improvements.

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #5
Tim's a pretty cool guy. I've driven a couple cars he tuned, even very difficult ones back in the day, and they drove really nice.

MXS67454

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Tampa
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge
Tim has used HP for a several years, he prefers DS. each format does not have the same access.

Taxinator

Member ID
Reactions
City
SANTA CLARITA
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT
Tim has used HP for a several years, he prefers DS. each format does not have the same access.
Interesting they both are missing something...I’d imagine both would have all access.

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #8
Well I guess he just started advertising it or something.

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
Yup Tim is working with HPT strongly now.

Tim actually started with HPT back in 2014.
John and his "Top Cat" started out with Tim and HPT software and with an unlocked PCM ( just saw that in my garage today). HPT was also a 2015 sponsor of MSHS and John pushed them.

It all changed once I said "OK Fine" to Josh and John and had the 1st HHP/Hemituner Tune installed in to my Hellcat Charger.
The 1st time at the track my numbers dropped
( Sadly for Tim his son had been murdered and things weren't well for him)
Then John Josh of High Horse Performance were at the track 3Xs a week with our Hellcats working on the R&D for T+T of parts and Diablo Tuning. Pioneering the way for all to go faster.

But HPT wasn't moving along until ......da da da da......until a certain Tuner got a hold of Josh's Tunes through one of his a hole x customer. .....of course it's not admitted. But I know I was there ....nobody could get past 9.8 except Josh. HPT was stuck at 9.8. AJ saw some HPT Tunes and knew they were copied.

The thing is 1 Tuner can't do it all.
But the Top Tuners worked together and would give a nod or thanks. Seems like the other guys were taking all the credit for themselves.

Tim is being smart because he is being diversified and he is good friends with the HPT guys and is getting lots of knowledge from them.

This will be another game changer to the Hellcat Go Fassst World.........because if you know Tim like I do.....Go Fasssst is his middle name!

Linda :)

Last edited:

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
He adjusted my Diablo tune a few weeks ago for my trunk ice intercooler and raised my shift rpms by 100. It sure drives better now. So he probably saw a thing or two through his attained knowledge and adjusted those.
I saw that about his son many years ago by reading some articles. But never mentioned it as it was a horrible thing. We all deal with stuff. Hopefully he is in a good spot in his life.

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #11
Linda always coming in like a Hemi encyclopedia of background info 👍

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
@Linda's Hell Cat have you considered writing a book? Could be a cool thing.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Yup Tim is working with HPT strongly now.

Tim actually started with HPT back in 2014.
John and his "Top Cat" started out with Tim and HPT software and with an unlocked PCM ( just saw that in my garage today). HPT was also a 2015 sponsor of MSHS and John pushed them.

It all changed once I said "OK Fine" to Josh and John and had the 1st HHP/Hemituner Tune installed in to my Hellcat Charger.
The 1st time at the track my numbers dropped
( Sadly for Tim his son had been murdered and things weren't well for him)
Then John Josh of High Horse Performance were at the track 3Xs a week with our Hellcats working on the R&D for T+T of parts and Diablo Tuning. Pioneering the way for all to go faster.

But HPT wasn't moving along until ......da da da da......until a certain Tuner got a hold of Josh's Tunes through one of his a hole x customer. .....of course it's not admitted. But I know I was there ....nobody could get past 9.8 except Josh. HPT was stuck at 9.8. AJ saw some HPT Tunes and knew they were copied.

The thing is 1 Tuner can't do it all.
But the Top Tuners worked together and would give a nod or thanks. Seems like the other guys were taking all the credit for themselves.

Tim is being smart because he is being diversified and he is good friends with the HPT guys and is getting lots of knowledge from them.

This will be another game changer to the Hellcat Go Fassst World.........because if you know Tim like I do.....Go Fasssst is his middle name!

Just curious, if you care to answer. I'm not 100% on the transgression of things. Tomcat originally hooked up with Tim who was HPT at the time. Then Tim had a tragedy in his life so he kinda' stepped out for awhile. Then you and John hooked up with Josh who was Diablo. But when Tim came back, why was he Diablo (more or less) until now? Again, just trying to make sure I'm putting this together correctly.
Also, I just got a Diablo tune from a famous tuner very recently and if Tim's going HPT, maybe he is too? So then I'm the last Diablo tuned guy and the the rest of the performance world is going HPT (including the two of the most famous tuner's) and I'm SOL in reguards to easily hooking into my current tune and playing with everyone else. Aghhh...damn!:cautious:

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Sounds like Barth is doing both. Satera uses Diablo maybe both?

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
He adjusted my Diablo tune a few weeks ago for my trunk ice intercooler and raised my shift rpms by 100. It sure drives better now. So he probably saw a thing or two through his attained knowledge and adjusted those.
I saw that about his son many years ago by reading some articles. But never mentioned it as it was a horrible thing. We all deal with stuff. Hopefully he is in a good spot in his life.
I saw Tim and Rhonda this past Spring down in Florida.:)
I knew everything that happened and also attended their son's funeral. They came to John's life celebration.
Tim and I continue to keep in contact. He was the Builder and Tuner of my "Pink" Car. And also my Husbands Drag Pak. There were on 3 people my husband spoke to before he passed
Bruce @ HHP came to the hospital Josh@HHP and Tim spoke to John on the phone before he passed away. All my kids were there to see John and that is why we were Kids and Cars.
I know from last speaking to Tim I'm happy for him as his personal life is doing very well.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
@Linda's Hell Cat have you considered writing a book? Could be a cool thing.
A popup picture book would be awesome. I'm not much of a reader but pictures with words are ok:)

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
Just curious, if you care to answer. I'm not 100% on the transgression of things. Tomcat originally hooked up with Tim who was HPT at the time. Then Tim had a tragedy in his life so he kinda' stepped out for awhile. Then you and John hooked up with Josh who was Diablo. But when Tim came back, why was he Diablo (more or less) until now? Again, just trying to make sure I'm putting this together correctly.
Also, I just got a Diablo tune from a famous tuner very recently and if Tim's going HPT, maybe he is too? So then I'm the last Diablo tuned guy and the the rest of the performance world is going HPT (including the two of the most famous tuner's) and I'm SOL in reguards to easily hooking into my current tune and playing with everyone else. Aghhh...damn!:cautious:
I can answer that. Tim was always with Diablo for Hemi's. John had his Hellcat before me. Tim as I just posted had our Race cars. John had sent his Hellcat straight to Tim. Another good customer and friend too Tom Bright put the break in miles on John's Hellcat and kept it like show room new!
Tim was going to start using HPT back then on John's car. Yes Tim had personal struggles.
Prior to all that my Race Furious Fuchsia 2010 Challenger was with Tim, He's an expert on the Kenne Bells and it had a 3.6.on top of a AL Aluminum 440 engine. My husband kept having Tim Build and Build my so I didn't get to the track much. We are Pa Tim is IL
John felt bad and bought me another one for Daily Driving. ( story behind that) Eventually, I asked him if he would have it modded so that I could practice racing. He sent that one to HHP in 2014 for a D1 Procharger build. This is the one my daughter Kate loves to bracket race with....she is good at it too!
Now our relationship with HHP was also going on at the time when I bought my Hellcat. Josh asked me if I wanted to Tune my Hellcat. (Story on that too lol ) I went to the LX and beyond MSHS race with the 1st Tunes Hellcat by Josh@HHP and Hemituner AJ my numbers dropped the first time out and it was stinking hot.
John decided Tim had our race cars and he brought home is HC and sent it to Josh. We began the T&T and R&D of parts and Diablo Tuning.
Tim is not going to give up on Diablo. Like I said he will be diversified for his business.

When Tuners gain knowledge it just keeps on getting better for us all to go faster!

FYI My Hellcat and Top Cat is Diablo Tuned no future changes for that :cool:

Linda

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
A popup picture book would be awesome. I'm not much of a reader but pictures with words are ok:)
I'll make sure there are lots in my thread.......Just for you ;)

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I can answer that. Tim was always with Diablo for Hemi's. John had his Hellcat before me. Tim as I just posted had our Race cars. John had sent his Hellcat straight to Tim. Another good customer and friend too Tom Bright put the break in miles on John's Hellcat and kept it like show room new!
Tim was going to start using HPT back then on John's car. Yes Tim had personal struggles.
Prior to all that my Race Furious Fuchsia 2010 Challenger was with Tim, He's an expert on the Kenne Bells and it had a 3.6.on top of a AL Aluminum 440 engine. My husband kept having Tim Build and Build my so I didn't get to the track much. We are Pa Tim is IL
John felt bad and bought me another one for Daily Driving. ( story behind that) Eventually, I asked him if he would have it modded so that I could practice racing. He sent that one to HHP in 2014 for a D1 Procharger build. This is the one my daughter Kate loves to bracket race with....she is good at it too!
Now our relationship with HHP was also going on at the time when I bought my Hellcat. Josh asked me if I wanted to Tune my Hellcat. (Story on that too lol ) I went to the LX and beyond MSHS race with the 1st Tunes Hellcat by Josh@HHP and Hemituner AJ my numbers dropped the first time out and it was stinking hot.
John decided Tim had our race cars and he brought home is HC and sent it to Josh. We began the T&T and R&D of parts and Diablo Tuning.
Tim is not going to give up on Diablo. Like I said he will be diversified for his business.

When Tuners gain knowledge it just keeps on getting better for us all to go faster!

FYI My Hellcat and Top Cat is Diablo Tuned no future changes for that :cool:

Linda
Thanks much Linda.