Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Backseat Delete. Definitive wieght measurement.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Ok. So today I removed the back seat delete kit from my '09 SRT and replaced it with the original backseat. Sort of a "reverse" rear seat delete. LOL. I did this for future use on my RE. ANYWAY, I figured while I was doing it let me get a real world read on the weight difference between the full rear seat installed and the delete kit. I took the original seat, belts, bolts, clips hangers etc. Basically everything that was removed and was put in a box for storage and weighed it. It weighed 66lbs. I then removed the rear seat delete kit and put it in the same box with all the packing that was in the box with the orig. rear seat and it weighed 18 lbs. Everything was exactly the same. Diff in weight is exactly 48l.bs. So there you have it.
Just FYI the rear seat was a leather rear seat. Also JUST the box was 5.5 lbs. So if it makes a diff, actual weight would be more like 60l.bs (actual rear seat and bolts and belts) + .5 to 1lb. for packing, minus 12.5 l.bs (actual weight of rear seat delete pieces) +.5 to 1l.b for packing. Either way the TRUE real world weight savings is 48l.bs. At least on Long Island where the laws of physics may or may not cease to exist. LOL

Attachments

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY