Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Anyone here besides me notice new posts and or threads don’t show up under active topics???

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
I am a Redeye owner and when I start a new thread under the Redeye section it never shows up in the Active and or New Posts general home page section. Nor do I see any other Redeye new threads as well. And when I respond to any RE threads same thing it never goes to the general home page for active topics. I have to personally go to the RE section to have conversations which I feel keeps the thread basically hidden to the overall interaction to the Forum. Has anyone else here noticed this as well? And I reached out to Hellcatfan who does an excellent job responding to our concerns and not sure I conveyed the information correctly and or maybe it is what it is. But it seems many individual categories are not really interacting with community since you would need to click on each specific forum heading to see the conversations.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Purchase another car and try again. What do expect at 4:30 am except talking to people like me whom can't sleep cause I have a broken foot. If my car was not in the shop, rarely is, I would be out burning up the roads. Perfect time to do so. I am sure your red eye is a great car, but this time of day is perfect to do so. I am not complaining, but I wish I had my car to do some early morn burn outs. Should be as cool air wise as it's going to be all day. Perfect. I will come to your house and see what we can achieve to piss off the neighbors. Congrats on a great car.

HellcatFan

1000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
I am a Redeye owner and when I start a new thread under the Redeye section it never shows up in the Active and or New Posts general home page section. Nor do I see any other Redeye new threads as well. And when I respond to any RE threads same thing it never goes to the general home page for active topics. I have to personally go to the RE section to have conversations which I feel keeps the thread basically hidden to the overall interaction to the Forum. Has anyone else here noticed this as well? And I reached out to Hellcatfan who does an excellent job responding to our concerns and not sure I conveyed the information correctly and or maybe it is what it is. But it seems many individual categories are not really interacting with community since you would need to click on each specific forum heading to see the conversations.

Got your PM @ChargerChallenger

When you say Active or New Posts are you referring to the side bar or when you click on the Active Topics link from the main navigation?

Here are the spots I see the Red Eye posts, can you let me know if you are seeing it there too?
newposts.jpg
newposts2.jpg

Marc0779

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Key largo
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Redeye/demon
I have been having the same problem

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #5
Got your PM @ChargerChallenger

When you say Active or New Posts are you referring to the side bar or when you click on the Active Topics link from the main navigation?

Here are the spots I see the Red Eye posts, can you let me know if you are seeing it there too?
View attachment 1838
View attachment 1839
Correct just like this thread is only showing conversations in the Hellcat general discussions. You have to go the Hellcat General Forum to even see this it does not post to new and or active threads and discussions on the general main forum home page,

HellcatFan

1000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Correct just like this thread is only showing conversations in the Hellcat general discussions. You have to go the Hellcat General Forum to even see this it does not post to new and or active threads and discussions on the general main forum home page,
When you click on the Active Topics link "from the main menu" it only shows threads you have haven't viewed. For example when you create a new thread or reply to a specific thread it wont show up in the Active Topics until another person responds to it. Please let me know if I'm not addressing the right issues.

I've also added a new link in the subnav for you labeled "Latest Activity", can you please click on that and let me know if that is how you prefer the new posts to be displayed?
newposts3.jpg

Last edited:

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
Latest Activity would be great if it was incorporated into Active Topics so that either/or popped up depending on the newest post. Not sure if i’m making sense. Not separate categories. Not sure if it would become too busy though. Unless maybe only the first unread one gets posted.
Or maybe just a category on it’s own that you dont have to find would be better. At the top and not a sub category. Just throwing ideas around.

Last edited:

72 440 Barracuda

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Graham
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
I know there are some setting changes you can make - but I am not sure where they are.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Screenshot_20190908-110832_Chrome.jpg

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
The "unread" filter defaults on, so if you've already read a post, and nothing is "new" in it, it won't show up in the first section.

It's actually a feature, once you understand that (I didn't at first), it's actually pretty cool.

If you want, you can cancel it out by clicking on the X.

HellcatFan

1000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
The "unread" filter defaults on, so if you've already read a post, and nothing is "new" in it, it won't show up in the first section.

It's actually a feature, once you understand that (I didn't at first), it's actually pretty cool.

Thanks, perfectly written

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon

I really like it that way. Much easier to move on to the next thread without combing thru what I’ve already read.