Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Anybody else using the Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax it’s pretty cool stuff

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
Last edited:

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
I use it and works very nice for the price. Half as much as Chemical guys. Works just as good.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Challenger Hellcat Redeye NB
How has this wax been with the black spoiler, black plastic hood scoop inserts plus other plastic trim and the rims?

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
My nexter nay bor came ova the otta day and brought a pro duck from Tutt le wax, ceramic, gold and a sales man used it against McQuiers and the expensive stuff I bought from Chemical Guys. This product put both to shame. So, look into that also. Bran nu pro duck.

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #25
How has this wax been with the black spoiler, black plastic hood scoop inserts plus other plastic trim and the rims?
No issues it does not leave a white film or sprinkles on black painted or hard plastic.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I was using mother's ceramic for awhile on my previous SRT before the redeye. I would wash and dry car then apply and wipe. I was very happy with it. I didn't believe you could just wash the car, spray something on then let it do it's thing and 'presto' you're done. But then my nephew started using Meguiar's on his vette and it looks great. I bought a bottle to test it right before winter hoping to get a last wax in before weather stayed cold. Missed my opportunity, put bottle in house. Now I can't wait for a nice day in spring to test on the redeye.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
I just paid a wopping $400 for ceramic coating my whole car. Talking about cheap. Saw the car yesterday and looks great, except the bubble spot. $2,000 worth of work for $400. A cat a log pict for the new shop. No one has one, a pro duct of his shop, I am going to help him sand blast, paint, and clear coat it in a very large paint booth, actually a garage. With great exhaust, lights, and intake fans. Me and Re co la are going to do 165 over the Gandy Bridge. From St Pete to Tampa.

Trucker Bob

Member ID
Reactions
City
Out of IL. Thank God
State
MO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger M6
Haven t found anything I m really happy with for my Black Cat

If I get the black to look good it will look good on any color
I hate black it looks dirty in 15min. I have used a Meguiar's Black Wax on Ma's R/T . It's a kind of a paste can use with a machine or hand. Looked awesome until the garage was opened lol. As far as the Meguiar's spray ceramic I used last year on my Cat (Granite doesn't show the dust like black) I hand rubbed the first coat with the car dry. Now I do the spray on wet hose it off take her up to at least 80mph and wala she's dry.

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
I hate black it looks dirty in 15min. I have used a Meguiar's Black Wax on Ma's R/T . It's a kind of a paste can use with a machine or hand. Looked awesome until the garage was opened lol. As far as the Meguiar's spray ceramic I used last year on my Cat (Granite doesn't show the dust like black) I hand rubbed the first coat with the car dry. Now I do the spray on wet hose it off take her up to at least 80mph and wala she's dry.
Yesterday morning, my neighbor washed his Silverado and went for a spirited drive to dry off...heard him driving on the main road. Yikes, cold engine, driving hard = rather dry myself.

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
I've used it as well, but this guy brings up very good points which want to make me consider other products. Thoughts?

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
I've used it as well, but this guy brings up very good points which want to make me consider other products. Thoughts?

Seen this video as well. Not sure what to think? If it is lasting a long time for some...then must be made from something else.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)

This is pretty much standard (my to my regret). They word things in such a way that they avoid any actual liability or lying. It's like "natural" this term means nothing. Nothing at all under the law. You can label your car when it's for sale as an all natural product. In this case, Meguiar is getting away with it because it says "silicon dioxide technology". Hmmm, technology. What does that mean? Nothing. This is why I research all these products before using any of them.

The other key term is "hybrid"... that can allow the percentage of one of the components to be 0.00000000000001% and still meet their legal advertising standards....

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
The Turtle Wax Gold still holds the mold with me. Even over the Chemical Guys product. Which is 3 x $$ for it's ceramic coatings. Just had my whole car done, so no worries for a bit.

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
Ive seen the Turtle Wax Ice test well vs. Maguires but wtf knows whats in the either?

B5Cat16

Member ID
Reactions
City
S
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
A friend of mine turned me onto the Meguiar's ceramic coating products. For the price, I thought what do I have to lose. I used it on 5 of my 7 vehicles so far. It's inexpensive, really easy to use but most importantly, my cars shine like never before. I'm very impressed with it. If this stuff is a gimmick, well, then I guess I got taken but I'm happy with it at this point.

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
I’m using f11 a little pricy and prob overrated but I have no complaints and can use it on the boat too

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I’m using f11 a little pricy and prob overrated but I have no complaints and can use it on the boat too
Gotta side with mag on this one..guess this aint Prego...but to that end...perception is reality..if your satisfied with what your using..and you like the results...end of discussion...

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye

Excellent vid and info. BUT, I would just like to make a point. I have seen this work on my nephew's 'vette (black). So much to the point when I saw it , I asked him if he buffed it. He said no, "I actually used some of this stuff". He did put the first coat on as stated; wiped, dried and hand buffed. Then the next app was just spray on/rinse off. And the car does shine, more than I ever saw. Point is, I think Maguiars stuff works, but they're selling you a B.S. story? o_O Er' what?
I think they have a great WAX product, but because all the buzz is around this "new ceramic technology" they market it as such. (which is TOTAL B.S. IMO!) but it still doesn't mean they don't have a great and convenient wax that works. And Yes, I do believe it's NOT a true pro grade ceramic coating in there.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States