Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Any Long Term Users of Mobil 1 Euro?

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
.....just waiting for the Amsoil folks to show up. Always happens.
There may be a reason for that, I won't use anything else in mine. I have seen what it does and why change a good thing?

I have said it before, use which ever makes you sleep good at night

McLovin

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Syracuse
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
Dodge SRT used to recommend Mobil 1 exclusively not long ago. (also only used Goodyear tires).

Once FCA took over, tires switched to Pirelli, and the oil spec switched at the same time to something Pennzoil would meet, but Mobil 1 wouldn't.

Seems to me to be more about marketing money than anything else. I personally use either....

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
I will say Euro and Ultra are formulated differently. Euro has a lot less Moly, but more Boron, etc. Ultra has more Moly, less Boron, etc. Don't think it matters. Some have rumored that Moly helps quiet down the Hemi tick more, so FCA prefers high Moly for that simple reason? Run oil analysis and compare to UOAs posted here vs. Ultra. Going to take a sample of Ultra today during oil change and will post up soon.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Dodge SRT used to recommend Mobil 1 exclusively not long ago. (also only used Goodyear tires).

Once FCA took over, tires switched to Pirelli, and the oil spec switched at the same time to something Pennzoil would meet, but Mobil 1 wouldn't.

Seems to me to be more about marketing money than anything else. I personally use either....
The Mobil 1 0W-40 was developed in partnership with the SRT engineers back in 2004-2005 if I remember correctly, specifically for the 6.1 SRT motor. They have changed the formula a lot over the years as environmental standards have changed. Like has been mentioned above, there seems to be a lot of ways to formulate it to get to get the same basic properties...but it's definitely not the same as it was. That said, I have always run it and done my own oil changes until I got this Redeye which came with 5 or 6 oil changes from the dealer under the extended warranty plan - I've already used 4 of them in a year and a half lol.

The one thing about the new Pennzoil, I mean you have to love that Ferrari runs it, but it's made from natural gas, which is supposed to be very different from other oils. I don't know much about specifics when it comes to that - anyone??? "They" claim it matters and is an advantage.

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
The Mobil 1 0W-40 was developed in partnership with the SRT engineers back in 2004-2005 if I remember correctly, specifically for the 6.1 SRT motor. They have changed the formula a lot over the years as environmental standards have changed. Like has been mentioned above, there seems to be a lot of ways to formulate it to get to get the same basic properties...but it's definitely not the same as it was. That said, I have always run it and done my own oil changes until I got this Redeye which came with 5 or 6 oil changes from the dealer under the extended warranty plan - I've already used 4 of them in a year and a half lol.

The one thing about the new Pennzoil, I mean you have to love that Ferrari runs it, but it's made from natural gas, which is supposed to be very different from other oils. I don't know much about specifics when it comes to that - anyone??? "They" claim it matters and is an advantage.
Not an expert, but natural gas base oil is supposedly more pure (clean) than crude oil. Also the molecule chains are more uniform? Not sure what that means in the real World? Additive package is probably more important though.

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
There may be a reason for that, I won't use anything else in mine. I have seen what it does and why change a good thing?

I have said it before, use which ever makes you sleep good at night
I use a blonde with big titties to help me sleep good at night 😂

oilburner

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
coboconk
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
.....just waiting for the Amsoil folks to show up. Always happens.
sorry I`m late
[wave]

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Getting my oil changed now.

20201209_063136.jpg
Probably around 3,000 miles at 6 month mark. Off to Blackstone in next day or so. Will share report.

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
I do change my oil after every race ,but I run ethanol and with ethanol if I’m correct it requires 30 percent more fuel in the cylinders,so when you pull you dipstick out and it smells like a distillery,you can bet there’s fuel in the oil ,I change the oil often to save the bearings

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Gents,
I run Ignite 114 and after two weeks of racing ~40 pulls or more, my oil is a yellow or white colored and stinks of ethanol. You can ask @hellno oil needs to be changed often with Ignite 114. Dave is crazy, he changes oil after every race weekend. :)
I do change my oil after every race ,but I run ethanol and with ethanol if I’m correct it requires 30 percent more fuel in the cylinders,so when you pull you dipstick out and it smells like a distillery,you can bet there’s fuel in the oil ,I change the oil often to save the bearings
Since I started play with ethanol I've been keeping an eye on how the oil looks and smells. Good to know. It's about due an oil change and I'll get an analysis done and share.

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Since I started play with ethanol I've been keeping an eye on how the oil looks and smells. Good to know. It's about due an oil change and I'll get an analysis done and share.
your not racing it at the track every weekend then I wouldn’t think frequent oil changes would be necessary but when your like me and your BALLSDEEP 😁every time you hit the throttle at the track we know our cars are tuned rich ,so it’s important to change it

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
True, I can typically only hit the track 3-4 times a year and probably 20 passes (ish). However I do a LOT of testing in Mexico so I'm curious how that will impact the quality of the oil with the ethanol.

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB
This is what I use now for both cars.. The red eye still has mobile one in it but I’m putting this in it after winter. CDB3E560-B48D-4C96-B7B2-D0513F3C029B.png

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
^ If you can find it :/

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB
^ If you can find it :/
The advanced auto parts store near me is the only store that carries it. I can’t find pennzoil platinum near me but this pure plus looks exactly the same or better.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
The problem there is Advance is like twice what it costs at Wally World. That doesn't jive for me and Advance won't price match Wally :(