Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Amazing the Camaro beats the GT500 and RedEye....incredible to say the least

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat

04Ram2500Hemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Western
State
MT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Ram TRX
Didn’t they say if the Mustang had fresh tires it would have been fastest around the track?

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #3
Didn’t they say if the Mustang had fresh tires it would have been fastest around the track?
Yeah that was mentioned but would it be a huge difference? And for me the Camaro is dated and impressive overall being the lowest hp. And I have come close to buying the Camaro many times but the interior sucks which Chevy seems to have that issue with so many of their vehicles. I grew up Chevy so nit here to bash GM but I think it’s the facts.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
not worried whos faster...Challenger beats em all in the style dept....and my cats are fast enough...

Taxinator

Member ID
Reactions
City
SANTA CLARITA
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT
Yeah that was mentioned but would it be a huge difference? And for me the Camaro is dated and impressive overall being the lowest hp. And I have come close to buying the Camaro many times but the interior sucks which Chevy seems to have that issue with so many of their vehicles. I grew up Chevy so nit here to bash GM but I think it’s the facts.
The professional driver behind both vehicles said yes, the GT500 would be much faster with new tires. However, the driver still picked the Camaro as the better value...the price difference is not small.

Taxinator

Member ID
Reactions
City
SANTA CLARITA
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT
not worried whos faster...Challenger beats em all in the style dept....and my cats are fast enough...
The Redeye did win the roll race plus the style department. 😉

why2kmax

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
12 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shrewsbury
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Indigo Blue Hellcat
The problem I have with these tests are that the 1LE and GT 500 come with far better tires for the racing they do. The Chally is at a big disadvantage to start with given the tires but that never seems to be acknowledged. They will address it for the other two cars but.... Sure even equal tires likely wouldnt give it the win but at least acknowledge that the car is far better than the showing it put in given the doughnuts its saddled with.

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
So they substitute the Camaro for non 1LE version so the aero doesn't hurt it in the drag race. Okay so can the Redeye substitute for the Demon that has the better tires for drag racing then? lol. The roll race was enough to see that the Redeye given sticky enough tires would beat the GT500 from a dig. Which is evident from my personal experiences at the track with my Redeye vs what a stock GT500 ET is trapping.

Seems like they just wanted to give each car a "win" in their own way.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
So they substitute the Camaro for non 1LE version so the aero doesn't hurt it in the drag race. Okay so can the Redeye substitute for the Demon that has the better tires for drag racing then? lol. The roll race was enough to see that the Redeye given sticky enough tires would beat the GT500 from a dig. Which is evident from my personal experiences at the track with my Redeye vs what a stock GT500 ET is trapping.

Seems like they just wanted to give each car a "win" in their own way.
Demon is a 2018. It wouldnt qualify regardless.

04Ram2500Hemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Western
State
MT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Ram TRX
I like the new Camaro (and Corvette) as well as the new Mustang. If I fit better in the Mustang or Corvette they would be on a possible list in the future, but I’m just too tall. The Challenger Hellcat is heavy, and you can only throw so much hp at the car to make up for it. Unless they give us an AWD Hellcat Challenger or Charger, we’ll always be in 3rd place on the track. For daily driving things change as the bigger car is more comfortable. So far 100% of my Hellcats life has been spent on the road, so I’m good with that.

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
Demon is a 2018. It wouldnt qualify regardless.
Neither should swapping cars out to other trims when it suits them, which is my point.

Usmc341

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Henderson
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Roll on races are where it's at. I've never had a race from a dig but I've had many from a roll on. Redeye's torque really shines in those.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
How did I not see this posting? Actually well done, and I think it's pretty spot on.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Further, I have to say that I have lamented for more than 20 years that I don't live out near Willow (or hell, better yet, the Nurburgring). I'd live at those places. Especially the 'Ring. Jesus, take any car you own on the track for just a few bucks? I'm there.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
I'm not far from the Glenn, but the last time I was interested in going there I had a Jeep SRT8... they said no SUVs... so I didn't bother going. Haven't really been interested in attending since then.

sad

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bartlesville
State
OK
Country
United States
I'm about 1-15mins from my home track... and I make it out roughly 2x a month...... EXCEPT when i blow up something LOL eek.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
I'm not far from the Glenn, but the last time I was interested in going there I had a Jeep SRT8... they said no SUVs... so I didn't bother going. Haven't really been interested in attending since then.
The Ring is much more egalitarian... you can take work vans pulling a trailer on the course. lol, love it.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
I'm about 1-15mins from my home track... and I make it out roughly 2x a month...... EXCEPT when i blow up something LOL eek.
Did you get your little toy fixed? Hope it was not bad. HC will be back by this time next week. Finally scored the part(s).

sad

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bartlesville
State
OK
Country
United States
Did you get your little toy fixed? Hope it was not bad. HC will be back by this time next week. Finally scored the part(s).
Not yet... been obsessed with accessorizing my new toy I bought... I truly have a problem. 😂😂😂 9A1BC274-ED66-4D81-93CE-91D09EB8E908.jpeg

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
The Ring is much more egalitarian... you can take work vans pulling a trailer on the course. lol, love it.
WTF mag...ease up on the big words will ya???o_Oo_Oo_O