Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

A Love Triangle-BS 17" Winlite Beadlocks , Standard Body Redeye, and MT ET Street R's 315/50R17

NJ_Redeye

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Audubon
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye
A Love Triangle-BS 17" Winlite Beadlocks , Standard Body Redeye, and MT ET Street R's 315/50R17

I purchased my Winlites from Carlyle Racing within a month of owning the car, and I have been running 305/45R17 since. I have the 3.09 gears in my car and I noticed 2 things. and I am not telling any secrets here. First gear was really, and it seemed that the car was shifting right before end of run. I knew eventially that I was going to put on 315/50's. During spring, I got a killer deal a new pair, and my 305 were wearin, but i I found someone who wanted to but them, and had the 315 mounted.

Well, they did not even come close to fitting.
I asked Ron, @DRAGRCR , and he pointed me , to his wheel well modification, showed him pics when I was done one side, and it looked really good.
However even after hot gunning, there was still a decent amount of rubbing happening
I later found out this was attributed to difference in offset between widebody(+demon) version, and standard body versions,

I ended up, and I am not a fan of spacers, buying a pair of 5mm spacers from US wheel adapters, but I added something to the order.
You can purchase the slip on spacer 2 ways, with, or without a lip. Since the Billet specialy whhels require a concentric ring, I had the lip made to fit the Bore of the wheel, and the bore of the spacer to fit the hub of the car.

so the 5mm wheel spacer looks like this, fitting tight to vehicle hub, and wheel bore.

Custom_5-LUG_Wheel_Spacers___Hub_Centric___Slip_On.jpg

I was able to get 7- 8 turns with lug nuts, no rubbing. I took the car on a decent run.
Here are some Pics IMG_0551.jpeg IMG_0552.jpeg IMG_0549.jpeg IMG_0550.jpeg

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet

I purchased my Winlites from Carlyle Racing within a month of owning the car, and I have been running 305/45R17 since. I have the 3.09 gears in my car and I noticed 2 things. and I am not telling any secrets here. First gear was really, and it seemed that the car was shifting right before end of run. I knew eventially that I was going to put on 315/50's. During spring, I got a killer deal a new pair, and my 305 were wearin, but i I found someone who wanted to but them, and had the 315 mounted.

I asked Ron, @DRAGRCR , and he pointed me , to his wheel well modification, showed him pics when I was done one side, and it looked really good.
However even after hot gunning, there was still a decent amount of rubbing happening
I later found out this was attributed to difference in offset between widebody(+demon) version, and standard body versions,

I ended up, and I am not a fan of spacers, buying a pair of 5mm spacers from US wheel adapters, but I added something to the order.
You can purchase the slip on spacer 2 ways, with, or without a lip. Since the Billet specialy whhels require a concentric ring, I had the lip made to fit the Bore of the wheel, and the bore of the spacer to fit the hub of the car.

so the 5mm wheel spacer looks like this, fitting tight to vehicle hub, and wheel bore.
Those spacers are amazing.

https://www.uswheeladapters.com/

Last edited:
Member ID
Reactions
City
New Orleans
State
LA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger RE
Are these tires working better during your 1/4 mile runs?

OP
NJ_Redeye

NJ_Redeye

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Audubon
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #4
they do not slip. they are lasting longer. they seem to carry the gear longer through the trap. I reset the adaptives before the season so I am very happy so far. for nuts and bolts at atco,in track mode only--->I ran 10.5x @131.xx as the trans was learning in 800-1200 DA.

WidebodyCat

Member ID
Reactions
City
Holbrook
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Widebody Hellcat

View attachment 22813

I was able to get 7- 8 turns with lug nuts, no rubbing. I took the car on a decent run.
Here are some Pics View attachment 22814 View attachment 22815 View attachment 22816 View attachment 22817
These are rims I ordered.. how are you dealing with tpms sensors? Especially on fronts? As the wheel says no sensor space?
Thanks!!

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
These are rims I ordered.. how are you dealing with tpms sensors? Especially on fronts? As the wheel says no sensor space?
Thanks!!
Are you going to drive them on the street? Problem with have TPMS sensors on drag wheels is they go out the window once you are at the track and lower the tire pressure, you will get a light anyway.

WidebodyCat

Member ID
Reactions
City
Holbrook
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Widebody Hellcat
Are you going to drive them on the street? Problem with have TPMS sensors on drag wheels is they go out the window once you are at the track and lower the tire pressure, you will get a light anyway.
Yea I know I catch a c.e.l at track. But yes plan on running on street a little. Were you able to get them on somehow?

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Yea I know I catch a c.e.l at track. But yes plan on running on street a little. Were you able to get them on somehow?
I have forgestar F14 wheels and the TPMS fit on those. I have them on the rears to so no lights driving to the track but once I let the air out, they are on. I only drive my drag wheels on the street to the track

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
TPMS will go in the rear Win Lites. I have them in mine and installed them myself. Standard install. YES they are useful at the track. Despite the light being on, when you have a low tire the DIC defaults to the Tire Pressure screen. So, I keep an eye on my tire pressure and I have caught a tire going flat TWICE at the track. They are accurate enough to know if I need to make a tire pressure adjustment due to hot lapping etc.

On the Front you are screwed. The Win Lites have a special small diameter valve stem installed at the factory and the OEM TPMS will not fit. If you are determined I have a Friend that just went through this. They removed the T-Bolt/Valve stem out of the TPMS sensor and turned it down slightly on a lathe (basically made it the same diameter the whole length as where the valve cap screws on). And then they made the hole in the wheel a little larger as needed. At that point I think they used a double nut and a washer and seal on the outside. I will get pics if he ever sends them to me as promised.

WidebodyCat

Member ID
Reactions
City
Holbrook
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Widebody Hellcat
TPMS will go in the rear Win Lites. I have them in mine and installed them myself. Standard install. YES they are useful at the track. Despite the light being on, when you have a low tire the DIC defaults to the Tire Pressure screen. So, I keep an eye on my tire pressure and I have caught a tire going flat TWICE at the track. They are accurate enough to know if I need to make a tire pressure adjustment due to hot lapping etc.

On the Front you are screwed. The Win Lites have a special small diameter valve stem installed at the factory and the OEM TPMS will not fit. If you are determined I have a Friend that just went through this. They removed the T-Bolt/Valve stem out of the TPMS sensor and turned it down slightly on a lathe (basically made it the same diameter the whole length as where the valve cap screws on). And then they made the hole in the wheel a little larger as needed. At that point I think they used a double nut and a washer and seal on the outside. I will get pics if he ever sends them to me as promised.
This is route I would like to go. If he ever sends you info on how to do fronts PLEASE pass along!
Thanks!

WidebodyCat

Member ID
Reactions
City
Holbrook
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Widebody Hellcat

2 more questions lol. Were you able to use stock center caps?
And any pics of them on car?? What was the black Gloss? matte? Thank you!!

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
This is route I would like to go. If he ever sends you info on how to do fronts PLEASE pass along!
Thanks!
Here is what he texted me:

The original TPMS valve stem is machined down and re-threaded to 8.1mm. A spacer is made from aluminum with a groove at one end to hold the O ring. The wheel is drilled out to accept the valve stem. The original Billet Specialties O ring is used on the underside of the wheel; held in place by the new spacer. Two jamb nuts are used on top to secure the assembly to the wheel.
. 20201126_140502.jpg 20201126_140429.jpg

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
2 more questions lol. Were you able to use stock center caps?
And any pics of them on car?? What was the black Gloss? matte? Thank you!!
Stock SRT Caps? No. It's Gloss Black. It's a nice high quality finish.
. 0621191451a.jpg

OP
NJ_Redeye

NJ_Redeye

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Audubon
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #14
Thanks!!
They do not have a TPMS installed.I check them when I install them at home before I drive to the track. i check pressure before I run, then regularly at the track, and write it(well punch it in my phone). Plug for----> "DR Dialin" IOS App on the app store. It is a predictive dial in app. The only things missing, that I asked the developer about, were cloud backup, and ocr, just to scan the slips for entry. I will create a new post with some screenshots.