Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

3200 Mile 2005 Magnum RT For Sale

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #41
60 g's today gets you a empty fridge box under a thruway bridge...
Everyone thinks that the prices are going up. Nope. The value of money is going down.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
So you can decide the market value for a home?

Hell, my 1st house was $60K. Does that mean that I should believe that I can buy that same house today for $60K?
People sure can. I see over priced houses sit for a long time

MJS73

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moparland
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat
If we all think they are over priced and not buy them then they go down. Just because they are asking 30k doesn't mean they will sell
You wouldn't be able to get everyone to agree that the sky is blue, so good luck with that...

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Everyone thinks that the prices are going up. Nope. The value of money is going down.
@ an alarming rate...I have always believed in the liquidity of cash on hand (and always will)...but have a strict regiment of a precious metals portfolio..(the actual metals not certificates)...collecting cash is a loosing proposition...and getting harder to dispose of...

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
If It's your intention to build a tricked out Magnum...then it's much cheaper in the long run to buy a mint example than to buy one that needs a ton of work to bring it up to this ones condition...even if its to be a non modded DD..I would much rather buy the nicest one than a worn out rust bucket money pit...more often than not..buying any of these cars today doesn't make a ton of sense financially...just my .02
If I'm building a magnum and it crossed my mind I wouldn't spend 30k on one being it would get a hellcat swap. I would find the nicest cheapest body and build that. A v6 would be perfect since everything would be swapped anyway and insurance would also be cheaper

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #46
@ an alarming rate...I have always believed in the liquidity of cash on hand (and always will)...but have a strict regiment of a precious metals portfolio..(the actual metals not certificates)...collecting cash is a loosing proposition...and getting harder to dispose of...
100%

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
With the Durango HC available now, the Magnum lost any appeal it had to me.

Ronin

500 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Muspelheim
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'22 Challenger Hellcat
OG Magnum Dude here...had an '05 R/T that I modded modestly; SRT suspension swap, Foose staggered wheels/tires, blackout lights/grill, the famous Zoomers exhaust, etc. It was cool AF and I most definitely have a soft spot for them...

The red SRT has a 300 front end, which is how they came equipped in Europe so someone did some work on it at some point, could be accident related so who knows without a CarFax, etc. The Charger and 300 SRTs were definitely the more popular of the 3 original LX SRTs from what I remember. Not sure production number wise but I'd hazard a guess that the Magnum SRT had the lowest overall production.

If I had the cash handy I wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger on a super clean, all original, low mileage Magnum SRT and I wouldn't do fuck all to it except drive it. It was cool back in the day and just as cool, if not cooler, now.

I get it, wagons are love/hate. I'd likewise LOVE a CTS-V wagon (which are near unobtanium and priced accordingly), or an E-series AMG wagon, and Audi obviously has some sweet wagons too. There's something about a vehicle in that configuration that can just flat haul azz and carry a shit-ton of crap too. Full disclosure a '57 Chevy wagon would be TITS!

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
OG Magnum Dude here...had an '05 R/T that I modded modestly; SRT suspension swap, Foose staggered wheels/tires, blackout lights/grill, the famous Zoomers exhaust, etc. It was cool AF and I most definitely have a soft spot for them...

The red SRT has a 300 front end, which is how they came equipped in Europe so someone did some work on it at some point, could be accident related so who knows without a CarFax, etc. The Charger and 300 SRTs were definitely the more popular of the 3 original LX SRTs from what I remember. Not sure production number wise but I'd hazard a guess that the Magnum SRT had the lowest overall production.

If I had the cash handy I wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger on a super clean, all original, low mileage Magnum SRT and I wouldn't do fuck all to it except drive it. It was cool back in the day and just as cool, if not cooler, now.

I get it, wagons are love/hate. I'd likewise LOVE a CTS-V wagon (which are near unobtanium and priced accordingly), or an E-series AMG wagon, and Audi obviously has some sweet wagons too. There's something about a vehicle in that configuration that can just flat haul azz and carry a shit-ton of crap too. Full disclosure a '57 Chevy wagon would be TITS!
I love wagons. I just couldnt spend 40k on one unless it was hellcat swapped

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #50

I've been a wagon guy since my parent's 64 Fury wagon with the 383 police motor in it. It would smoke most Mustangs and Camaros back in the day.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
With the Durango HC available now, the Magnum lost any appeal it had to me.
I still see a magnum with a new Charger front end..and RE power;)