Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

2700K-ish LED Replacement Circuits

Member ID
Reactions
City
Austin
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger Hellcat
I've found a lot of the internal courtesy LED lights in the Charger were colored similar to 2700K White (Daylight, in bulb standards) in order to match the original incandescent bulbs. As I went around the car changing out incandescent bulbs to 6K White LEDs, I now have a mix of daylight white and cool white illumination... many of the 2700K LEDs are not easily replaceable bulbs, but rather soldered to little circuit boards here and there.

I'm thinking about making some circuits to replace the ones in areas like the front overhead center console (3 LEDs there need replacing, these are the most annoying and visible), and maybe the wiring harnesses in the door panels that illuminate the door pockets (all four door panels appear to use the same LED harnesses). Where else should I be looking for these offenders? :) Does anyone know of Charger LED bulb kits that go to this level of change - most that I see only swap out the easily replaceable bulbs which I've already done.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat!
I've found a lot of the internal courtesy LED lights in the Charger were colored similar to 2700K White (Daylight, in bulb standards) in order to match the original incandescent bulbs. As I went around the car changing out incandescent bulbs to 6K White LEDs, I now have a mix of daylight white and cool white illumination... many of the 2700K LEDs are not easily replaceable bulbs, but rather soldered to little circuit boards here and there.

I'm thinking about making some circuits to replace the ones in areas like the front overhead center console (3 LEDs there need replacing, these are the most annoying and visible), and maybe the wiring harnesses in the door panels that illuminate the door pockets (all four door panels appear to use the same LED harnesses). Where else should I be looking for these offenders? :) Does anyone know of Charger LED bulb kits that go to this level of change - most that I see only swap out the easily replaceable bulbs which I've already done.

Thanks!
I'm a vendor on LXForums and have been doing LED color changes and mods for 12 years.

Shoot me a PM and let's see if we can work something out.

Here's a 2013 Charger RT that I swapped all the LEDs to Hemi orange, in. This is about 75% through the process:

I'll have to see about vendor status, here...

Bob
Riverside, California

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I'm a vendor on LXForums and have been doing LED color changes and mods for 12 years.

Shoot me a PM and let's see if we can work something out.

Here's a 2013 Charger RT that I swapped all the LEDs to Hemi orange, in. This is about 75% through the process:

I'll have to see about vendor status, here...

Bob
Riverside, California
Wow. That's digging into your work.