Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to SRT owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

225 Hellcats Incoming at Koons Dodge

Trader history for Koons_Dodge (0)

Tannehill

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
New castle
State
DE
Country
United States
IF FCA did force cars down dealers lots, why the hell would they purposely option so many like that knowing theyd be a hard sell?
Because FCA is dumping parts they have on hand for incorrectly judging demand (whether it be dealer stock orders, or buyer personal builds).

I think like Koons, FCA misjudged the real quantity of HC buyers who truly wanted a "base car", also the optional gears.

I've been out of the game for almost a month since deciding on passing on the PD rebates because I wasn't going to settle for something that wasn't exactly what I wanted or because dealers who had a car were d-bag communicators (coughMiamiLakes,SanBernardino,Kernersvillecough). Looks like Koons and others still have a lot of inventory and sales have slowed. I think FCA has to try a new tactic and offer a lease firesale again IMO, like 2016s in early 2017.

Slowpoke387

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Enfield
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Because FCA is dumping parts they have on hand for incorrectly judging demand (whether it be dealer stock orders, or buyer personal builds).

I think like Koons, FCA misjudged the real quantity of HC buyers who truly wanted a "base car", also the optional gears.

I've been out of the game for almost a month since deciding on passing on the PD rebates because I wasn't going to settle for something that wasn't exactly what I wanted or because dealers who had a car were d-bag communicators (coughMiamiLakes,SanBernardino,Kernersvillecough). Looks like Koons and others still have a lot of inventory and sales have slowed. I think FCA has to try a new tactic and offer a lease firesale again IMO, like 2016s in early 2017.
Agreed. People love to say they want a stripped down Hellcat but when the rubber hits the road theyre nowhere to be found.
Not to mention resale on a cloth no option one will be way down in the dumps.
Hard pass.

PIERRE M.

Member ID
Reactions
City
CIUDAD JUAREZ
State
Non-US
Country
Mexico
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat.
Agreed. People love to say they want a stripped down Hellcat but when the rubber hits the road theyre nowhere to be found.
Not to mention resale on a cloth no option one will be way down in the dumps.
Hard pass.
I have to agree with you guys, I want my hellcat loaded, the interior is already full of plastics and not as luxurious as I’d like it to pass on the few things available. Of course mine is gonne be a daily driver, if I had another one as a toy, I’d consider having a stripped down one, maybe, houndstooth really looks like a 20 years old 10k car interior.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
I've been looking for a basic 1320 and haven't located any. The 1320s at Koons have sunroofs, which I don't want.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Got my RE at Koons as a stripper and LOVE IT!
Honestly, I have an '09 SRT8 loaded. It has EVERY option you could get in '09. Leather, sunroof, NAV, power heated seats, HID's, fog lights, port for computer hookup, voice command, boom box in trunk, cruise control and more...I can't even believe all this was available 10 yrs ago. I use NONE of it. First thing I did was rip out the boom box. HID's throw a weird blue like light, I hate them. Never used voice command. Don't use NAV, just use Google map's on my phone. Leather is cold, takes awhile to warm up and honestly, quality is not that great. It ain't exactly like the quality of a good supple leather jacket or dress boot. I've had the car @4yrs, maybe used sunroof 3 times --- and closed it shortly after, just don't like that either. Plus I'm sure UV rays would beat the sh*& out of the interior if left open for hours at a time on multiple uses.

The options that I didn't get on the RE are a joke. Rain sensitive wipers??(I don't know if it's raining?). Lane detection?? (Learn to drive). Harmon Kardon? (If I want a good stereo I'll get a better one aftermarket). Sunroof?? (Don't want a piece of plate glass breaking up my beautiful body lines, PLUS it can breakdown or leak.) It's 10K of useless stuff you don't need. I don't see the allure.

Just a note: Even the stripper has heated seats and wheel and power mirrors and a backup camera.(another annoyance .LOL)

PIERRE M.

Member ID
Reactions
City
CIUDAD JUAREZ
State
Non-US
Country
Mexico
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat.
Honestly, I have an '09 SRT8 loaded. It has EVERY option you could get in '09. Leather, sunroof, NAV, power heated seats, HID's, fog lights, port for computer hookup, voice command, boom box in trunk, cruise control and more...I can't even believe all this was available 10 yrs ago. I use NONE of it. First thing I did was rip out the boom box. HID's throw a weird blue like light, I hate them. Never used voice command. Don't use NAV, just use Google map's on my phone. Leather is cold, takes awhile to warm up and honestly, quality is not that great. It ain't exactly like the quality of a good supple leather jacket or dress boot. I've had the car @4yrs, maybe used sunroof 3 times --- and closed it shortly after, just don't like that either. Plus I'm sure UV rays would beat the sh*& out of the interior if left open for hours at a time on multiple uses.

The options that I didn't get on the RE are a joke. Rain sensitive wipers??(I don't know if it's raining?). Lane detection?? (Learn to drive). Harmon Kardon? (If I want a good stereo I'll get a better one aftermarket). Sunroof?? (Don't want a piece of plate glass breaking up my beautiful body lines, PLUS it can breakdown or leak.) It's 10K of useless stuff you don't need. I don't see the allure.

Just a note: Even the stripper has heated seats and wheel and power mirrors and a backup camera.(another annoyance .LOL)
I understand, to each their own, I enjoy some of these things. The one I specially enjoy is the Harman Kardon, I listen music all day and this has to be the best sounding car I’ve had, although I’ve had aftermarkets stereos and sound systems. I’ve read negative comments about this system and can’t understand them.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I understand, to each their own, I enjoy some of these things. The one I specially enjoy is the Harman Kardon, I listen music all day and this has to be the best sounding car I’ve had, although I’ve had aftermarkets stereos and sound systems. I’ve read negative comments about this system and can’t understand them.

I'm glad and happy for all who like their extra's but for me that's just not the thing. I was way more concerned about the color of the interior rather than the material. Dodge (including my '09 with leather) always had a tendency to call there interiors black, when really they were gray-ish. Happy to say mine is black and really pop's off the blue. Also, my other point was you gotta be honest about all the extra's....do you really need most...or do you use them frequently....if at all?

Slowpoke387

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Enfield
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
My Hellcat is loaded to the gills. I use the roof every time I drive it, HK on every drive as well. Love the leather, the feel and even the smell. It is definitely black, no “gray” area about it lol. Love it.
Auto hi beams are basically a joke or I would actually use that too.
Lane detection and the tech that comes with the little grille eyeball werent options on my year (2016), only on SRT’s.
I paid for and use pretty much all the options. Couldnt go with cloth or no roof now lol.

Phizzle

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Francisco
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger Hellcat
When I was looking, lots of the new hellcats in my area were pretty basic, except all had a sunroof. Combos were like this: houndstooth, regular stereo system, all season tires, sunroof. Weirdest combo ever but whatever.

I love how mine is optioned, everything included except sunroof. I don't like the sunroof on these cars, just looks off and I won't be using it anyways.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
My Hellcat is loaded to the gills. I use the roof every time I drive it, HK on every drive as well. Love the leather, the feel and even the smell. It is definitely black, no “gray” area about it lol. Love it.
Auto hi beams are basically a joke or I would actually use that too.
Lane detection and the tech that comes with the little grille eyeball werent options on my year (2016), only on SRT’s.
I paid for and use pretty much all the options. Couldnt go with cloth or no roof now lol.
You need to get a clapper and a pair of fuzzy slippers..:p

Stormtrooper1320

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Baltimore
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger 1320
I've been looking for a basic 1320 and haven't located any. The 1320s at Koons have sunroofs, which I don't want.
I bought my 1320 there and all of their initial order had sunroofs. I wouldn't have gotten it either. I just don't use them. You might have to order one. They have loaded 1320's right now marked down to $36k. Maybe the Koons rep here, Erica could help you with a base model one at a good price. Send her an email and ask her, she seems to want to help people here get what they want with the best price.

SNeal5966

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Scat Pack Challenger
I custom ordered through Koons this fall, even though they are a long ways away from me. I am very happy with the experience and the pricing. I got a very good deal that I couldn't even match let alone beat anywhere in my area. I was told if I wanted to match that price in my area to go look for a 3 year old used car! :rolleyes: Thought that was pretty rude for a car sales person to say....The dealerships around me were very rude and acted like I was lying about the price I was getting through Koons. They also said that they could not lock in power dollars, and that I somehow would have to pay more than quoted when I picked it up.

Anyway Koons is legit, they even found me more discounts than what I was quoted when I arrived to pick up my new beast, which is real cool. The only thing to be careful of is that they really push the service plans and extra warranties if you finance there (though I have never purchased a car from a dealership that does not do that), and I found the interest rates to be a little high but I refinanced with the credit union as soon as I got home with it at 2.44% which is around or a bit below the rate of inflation! My original loan was almost 6% and I have a very very good credit score of around 840. The banks must know they are financing a toy though and not a daily hahahah the original loan was with Bank of America.

Stormtrooper1320

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Baltimore
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger 1320
I custom ordered through Koons this fall, even though they are a long ways away from me. I am very happy with the experience and the pricing. I got a very good deal that I couldn't even match let alone beat anywhere in my area. I was told if I wanted to match that price in my area to go look for a 3 year old used car! :rolleyes: Thought that was pretty rude for a car sales person to say....The dealerships around me were very rude and acted like I was lying about the price I was getting through Koons. They also said that they could not lock in power dollars, and that I somehow would have to pay more than quoted when I picked it up.

Anyway Koons is legit, they even found me more discounts than what I was quoted when I arrived to pick up my new beast, which is real cool. The only thing to be careful of is that they really push the service plans and extra warranties if you finance there (though I have never purchased a car from a dealership that does not do that), and I found the interest rates to be a little high but I refinanced with the credit union as soon as I got home with it at 2.44% which is around or a bit below the rate of inflation! My original loan was almost 6% and I have a very very good credit score of around 840. The banks must know they are financing a toy though and not a daily hahahah the original loan was with Bank of America.
Yeah, my original rate through them was high too, even with a good score. I just refi'd to my credit union at 2.99%. I have bought several vehicles through Koons and have been happy with the prices I have gotten at the time. Their prices were better than any around. They seem to want to make the money by sales volume. The biggest downside is if you trade in after a short period of time, that's when you take the hit.
They have some loaded 1320's right now for $36k. Can you imagine what you would get offered if you were trying to trade in a loaded 1320 right now if you had paid in the low to mid $40's earlier this year.

Slowpoke387

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Enfield
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
You need to get a clapper and a pair of fuzzy slippers..:p
Ha yeah, love the gadgets. Smart lights all over my house. Wonder if a clapper would work those :unsure:

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody

Come on man... this is the same logic you would apply to people with a bunch of random/expensive crap laying around their homes attempting filling the void in their souls. Widebody, six speed, and hood pins were my only paid options. I bought a 700+hp car that performs as intended for under $60K.

Last edited:

Stormtrooper1320

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Baltimore
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger 1320
Come on man... this is the same logic you would apply to people with a bunch of random/expensive crap laying around their homes attempting filling the void in their souls. Widebody, six speed, and hood pins were my only paid options. I bought a 700_hp car that performs as intended for under $60K.
I'll admit, I do miss the seat heaters in my 1320. But since I've now relegated the car to fun duty from daily driver, I'm ok with not having them....but it would be nice if I did :)
I would've gladly given up the sunroof for the seat heaters.

NoCoHC

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Numerous
Yeah, my original rate through them was high too, even with a good score. I just refi'd to my credit union at 2.99%. I have bought several vehicles through Koons and have been happy with the prices I have gotten at the time. Their prices were better than any around. They seem to want to make the money by sales volume. The biggest downside is if you trade in after a short period of time, that's when you take the hit.
They have some loaded 1320's right now for $36k. Can you imagine what you would get offered if you were trying to trade in a loaded 1320 right now if you had paid in the low to mid $40's earlier this year.
So is that part of the discount that you have to finance through them? I emailed the manager who posted their pricing and am waiting to hear back from her. It looks like they still have a ton of stripped down Challengers wonder what they will do if the power dollars rebates aren't extended I would think they will be tough to unload.

Stormtrooper1320

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Baltimore
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger 1320
So is that part of the discount that you have to finance through them? I emailed the manager who posted their pricing and am waiting to hear back from her. It looks like they still have a ton of stripped down Challengers wonder what they will do if the power dollars rebates aren't extended I would think they will be tough to unload.
It depends on what rebates they have at the time. Sometimes one of the rebates will require you to finance through Chrysler. It just all depends on what is available at the time. I always plan to refi through my credit union, so if a car dealer is offering money off the car, I take the money off because that is worth more to me in the long run because it means less that I'll be refinancing later.
No matter which Koons dealership I have purchased from, they have been very good about making sure I got every rebate that I could qualify for. I would expect that Erica will make sure as well.
Let us know how you make out.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Come on man... this is the same logic you would apply to people with a bunch of random/expensive crap laying around their homes attempting filling the void in their souls. Widebody, six speed, and hood pins were my only paid options. I bought a 700+hp car that performs as intended for under $60K.
Come on man....another 2 grand you coulda' had 800HP! Instead of a car with an ass like Kim Kardashian! (That aint a bad thing really though) Priorities man!

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
Come on man....another 2 grand you coulda' had 800HP! Instead of a car with an ass like Kim Kardashian! (That aint a bad thing really though) Priorities man!
Nah, I just wanted the slowest shifting car I could find... couldn't get that with the extra ponies. ;)