Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to SRT owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

225 Hellcats Incoming at Koons Dodge

Trader history for Koons_Dodge (0)

REDEYE

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Funny how this thread has over 130 replies where the exact same posts on the "other" site barely has any views.

PIERRE M.

Member ID
Reactions
City
CIUDAD JUAREZ
State
Non-US
Country
Mexico
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat.
You're not getting rebates on 2020 models for a while, if at all.
I don’t want rebates or power dollars or any of this, just a 2020 hellcat!

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

OP
K
Member ID
Reactions
City
Tysons Corner
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat
Thread Starter #143
If you're looking to get forum pricing, you have to reach out to me personally. My sales consultants are not filled in on the 4% below deal, as I don't want them to offer it to everyone they talk to.

OP
K
Member ID
Reactions
City
Tysons Corner
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat
Thread Starter #144
All,

I'm getting inundated with emails, phone calls and text message. That's a great thing I know! Please have a bit of patience with my responses. I'm doing the best I can. If you're asking me for pricing on several different Hellcats, narrowing down your choices would help me reduce my response time significantly.

Also, I don't appraise sight unseen vehicles personally. I have a professional that does that, I am at their mercy depending on how busy we are in the showroom.

I am a long time sales manager at the dealership, I manage 35 sales consultants daily and their customers on top of this forum. I promise I have not forgotten anyone, I may have just gotten a bit busy here :)

Thank you for all of your support and business!

- Erica

OP
K
Member ID
Reactions
City
Tysons Corner
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat
Thread Starter #145
Please don't call into the dealership and speak to sales consultants if you're a member of this forum. It's causing confusion and problems for everyone. Please just text me (303-242-1549) or email me Erica.Ramsey@koons.com

Tannehill

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
New castle
State
DE
Country
United States
Please don't call into the dealership and speak to sales consultants if you're a member of this forum. It's causing confusion and problems for everyone. Please just text me (303-242-1549) or email me Erica.Ramsey@koons.com
Erica,
What do you advise buyers to do if they show up in person to peruse the lot/look at 'Cats/want to talk price? I'm sure they will be greeted by someone in sales and usually asking for the Manager up at the desk doesn't go over so great! I don't think we've seen advice for this scenario.

OP
K
Member ID
Reactions
City
Tysons Corner
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat
Thread Starter #147
Erica,
What do you advise buyers to do if they show up in person to peruse the lot/look at 'Cats/want to talk price? I'm sure they will be greeted by someone in sales and usually asking for the Manager up at the desk doesn't go over so great! I don't think we've seen advice for this scenario.
Ask for me first, if for some reason I'm not there then text me or have the sales consultant call me so I can make sure that the transaction is done correctly.

OP
K
Member ID
Reactions
City
Tysons Corner
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat
Thread Starter #148
2020 Scat Pack Widebody Chargers are available for sold factory orders. Up to 4.5% off with affiliates less any factory rebates at the time of delivery.

OP
K
Member ID
Reactions
City
Tysons Corner
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat
Thread Starter #149
Created a Facebook Private Group for group buys. "Koons Private Group Buy" would love some from here to join to help me kick it off :)

First 50 members get a special surprise..... :eek::eek:

Last edited:

Slowpoke387

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Enfield
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Created a Facebook Private Group for group buys. "Koons Hellcat and Scat Pack Group Buy" would love some from here to join to help me kick it off :)

First 50 members get a special surprise..... :eek::eek:
Joined under our business name

Member ID
Reactions
City
Loveville
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Thanks Erica and the Koons team for helping me get a beautiful b5 blue hellcat!

ChargerChallenger

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lucketts
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat

why2kmax

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shrewsbury
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger DG 1320
https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/new...rysler-jeep-inventories/ar-BBYh70C?li=BBnbfcL
Hmm do you at Koons feel this is accurate article and or just more FAKE BLOOMBERG news.
They may not want to answer that. FCA is always watching the boards.

Prettysure Koons' ton of cars were self inflicted/ordered by them specifically. They wanted to offer HC and performance Challengers at a very low price for all and stripper versions get it done. Not saying they all were but IF FCA precipitated this, it wasnt all of them.

I Kind of think that article may be somewhat true.

Ive been looking at 1320s since March-ish 2019, and always found them with very few options or an odd combo which were probably dealers throwing darts at a option list. It was almost impossible to find one with an upgraded stereo and a sunroof. Most people are buying them to race and want cheap and light.

Suddenly Late November, three fully loaded, (heavy) 1320s showed up at at dealer in Safford Va at the same time. I thought it Very odd to see a dealer order a specialty drag car (4 drag radials) that you wouldnt drive year round, heading into winter, with every available option except hood pins which is the opposite of what its intended audience wants, let alone 3 at the same time.

I pass a Dodge/Jeep/Ram dealer out in the stix about 3x a week. I've never seen so many ram pickups on their lot at one time EVER. The are now using their lot, the lot next to them, and a shopping plaza lot where there is former bank. The trucks are bumper to bumper, mirror to mirror filling all 3 lots.
Kind of made me think FCA just sent them.

Made ME a happy camper but perhaps the dealers no so much.

Slowpoke387

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Enfield
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
They may not want to answer that. FCA is always watching the boards.

Prettysure Koons' ton of cars were self inflicted/ordered by them specifically. They wanted to offer HC and performance Challengers at a very low price for all and stripper versions get it done. Not saying they all were but IF FCA precipitated this, it wasnt all of them.

I Kind of think that article may be somewhat true.

Ive been looking at 1320s since March-ish 2019, and always found them with very few options or an odd combo which were probably dealers throwing darts at a option list. It was almost impossible to find one with an upgraded stereo and a sunroof. Most people are buying them to race and want cheap and light.

Suddenly Late November, three fully loaded, (heavy) 1320s showed up at at dealer in Safford Va at the same time. I thought it Very odd to see a dealer order a specialty drag car (4 drag radials) that you wouldnt drive year round, heading into winter, with every available option except hood pins which is the opposite of what its intended audience wants, let alone 3 at the same time.

I pass a Dodge/Jeep/Ram dealer out in the stix about 3x a week. I've never seen so many ram pickups on their lot at one time EVER. The are now using their lot, the lot next to them, and a shopping plaza lot where there is former bank. The trucks are bumper to bumper, mirror to mirror filling all 3 lots.
Kind of made me think FCA just sent them.

Made ME a happy camper but perhaps the dealers no so much.
See I’m inclined to disagree with part of this. Before the 1320 concept came to be, which does indeed reward the hardcore, stripped down concept, we really couldn't get this in Hellcat form until recently. Imo it hasnt translated as well sales-wise to the Hellcat. I think Hellcat buyers for the most part want options. The proof to me is in the type of inventory that is now still sitting unsold after being picked over. I called Koons looking for a loaded to the gills RE and they had nothing left. Mostly cloth, no real optioned cars at insane low prices yet no one biting.
The funny thing is that I too think FCA forced these cars down their throat. Imo no dealer takes shots like that on undesirable inventory in those kinds of quantities. Normally a dealer takes an oddball unit or two in order to get the desirable ones. They are fully aware that they will sit and literally cost them daily cash. I’m sure FCA gave them a crazy incentive to take 225 oddly optioned Hellcats.

Stormtrooper1320

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Baltimore
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger 1320
See I’m inclined to disagree with part of this. Before the 1320 concept came to be, which does indeed reward the hardcore, stripped down concept, we really couldn't get this in Hellcat form until recently. Imo it hasnt translated as well sales-wise to the Hellcat. I think Hellcat buyers for the most part want options. The proof to me is in the type of inventory that is now still sitting unsold after being picked over. I called Koons looking for a loaded to the gills RE and they had nothing left. Mostly cloth, no real optioned cars at insane low prices yet no one biting.
The funny thing is that I too think FCA forced these cars down their throat. Imo no dealer takes shots like that on undesirable inventory in those kinds of quantities. Normally a dealer takes an oddball unit or two in order to get the desirable ones. They are fully aware that they will sit and literally cost them daily cash. I’m sure FCA gave them a crazy incentive to take 225 oddly optioned Hellcats.
Koons had a similar situation last year with Scat Pack Challengers. They had a LOT of leftover 2018's and had them marked way down. The cars didn't have much for options, in fact, they were pretty basic but they were marked down to $32k at one point. I was actually considering buying one of those but then the 1320's showed as "in transit", so I waited for those to arrive. Koons was marking down the 1320's before they were even on the lot. The day I picked up my 1320, Koons was sitting on over 30 leftover 2018 Scat Packs, and that was just the automatic ones. I don't know how many stick cars they were sitting on. When I bought my 1320, my salesman told me that they always order a bunch of the performance cars near the end of the run for that year so that they will be one of the last dealers with them. I don't know how true that is, but given the volume that Koons goes through, it wouldn't surprise me. And whoever it is that does the ordering over there seems to think everyone wants a sunroof.

Slowpoke387

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Enfield
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Koons had a similar situation last year with Scat Pack Challengers. They had a LOT of leftover 2018's and had them marked way down. The cars didn't have much for options, in fact, they were pretty basic but they were marked down to $32k at one point. I was actually considering buying one of those but then the 1320's showed as "in transit", so I waited for those to arrive. Koons was marking down the 1320's before they were even on the lot. The day I picked up my 1320, Koons was sitting on over 30 leftover 2018 Scat Packs, and that was just the automatic ones. I don't know how many stick cars they were sitting on. When I bought my 1320, my salesman told me that they always order a bunch of the performance cars near the end of the run for that year so that they will be one of the last dealers with them. I don't know how true that is, but given the volume that Koons goes through, it wouldn't surprise me. And whoever it is that does the ordering over there seems to think everyone wants a sunroof.
Lol I’m one of them. They know what theyre doing i guess :LOL:

Member ID
Reactions
City
Hartley
State
WV
Country
United States
Vehicle
Charger
So whats the odds Koons sells the 40 remaining HC Chargers before the 7070 incentive goes away?

Stormtrooper1320

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Baltimore
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger 1320
So whats the odds Koons sells the 40 remaining HC Chargers before the 7070 incentive goes away?
I don't know, but as usual, they have some good pricing. Their prices on the 1320's with the "Plus" package are outstanding.
And I see a Scat Pack that I would consider trading my 1320 for.....maybe

Member ID
Reactions
City
B
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat
I’m betting it gets extended on 2019’s through January, maybe longer but only one month at a time.

Keeping in mind Dodge didn’t start 2020 production til mid November not many new model Challengers on the lots currently.

why2kmax

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shrewsbury
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger DG 1320
I agree, Im not paying $40k+ for anything and getting the base 4 speaker radio and no driver convenience group. Id take the cloth seats maybe if they were heated and cooled but again no way Im buying a HC for $50-60k that has zero options. Unless maybe I was making it a dedicated race car as a toy. But how many of those people ar out there. In fact my 1320 is maxed out, mostly because I wanted it that way. Daily before racer so sunroof, full interior, HIDs etc took precedence over weight savings. I checked Koons inventory almost constantly and they never had a 1320 with enough options for me to bite no matter what the price. I understand the 1320 being low optioned by dealers because of the specialized intent but not Hellcats

IF FCA did force cars down dealers lots, why the hell would they purposely option so many like that knowing theyd be a hard sell? Minimum Id upgrade the radio one step, add the alcantera seats and driver convenience group for the HIDs and blind spot detection. Then sprinkle in SRT spoiler maybe a sunroof here and there, but to option a $60k car with a 4 speaker radio that you can barely hear with the windows down is madness. Then again maybe we dont know what we are talking about. yeah Koons has a million cars still but how many have they already sold. ??