Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to SRT owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

225 Hellcats Incoming at Koons Dodge

Trader history for Koons_Dodge (0)

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye

16GoManGoHC2

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
Did you use the 3/4 to 1 inch Armaflex on the plate?? 3/4 inch on the lines??
Yes, all will be insulated properly when done

16GoManGoHC2

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
You are stubborn. LOL. That is some nice work! Good luck. You might just catch that dragon.
It comes More so on parting with 30k to upgrade to a Redeye. My 16 is pretty pristine, I have all the parts to turn it back to stock for a trade in but what you think I’ll be offered for it? Just a hair over 11,000 miles now, 40k if I’m lucky?? Sell as is, With a extra set of 4 stock like new Brass Monkey rims plus the 10.5 replicas all around and all the stock parts including a spare transmission what you think I’d net? 50k? It’s a M6, can eat off its belly and wheel wells, Pay sales taxes all over again (even though I guess here in PA it’s not as bad as some of you poor bastards are saddled with) I’m really not in for a monetary beating to start out a new decade lol
I guess I’ll have to settle with making more HP then a redeye and just keep banging my head on the asphalt trying to beat them lol, probably less painful then parting with her.

Stormtrooper1320

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Baltimore
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger 1320
Maybe it changed, but I saw it was to end January 3rd.
Yeah, that's what I found after your post. I didn't know the actual day, I had just heard extended into Jan.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
It comes More so on parting with 30k to upgrade to a Redeye. My 16 is pretty pristine, I have all the parts to turn it back to stock for a trade in but what you think I’ll be offered for it? Just a hair over 11,000 miles now, 40k if I’m lucky?? Sell as is, With a extra set of 4 stock like new Brass Monkey rims plus the 10.5 replicas all around and all the stock parts including a spare transmission what you think I’d net? 50k? It’s a M6, can eat off its belly and wheel wells, Pay sales taxes all over again (even though I guess here in PA it’s not as bad as some of you poor bastards are saddled with) I’m really not in for a monetary beating to start out a new decade lol
Basically I'm in a good spot to do it (I think). So I jumped. No kids makes a huge difference when deciding. Hard numbers: basically what I'll be out of pocket after self re-imbursement of sale of '09 will be 10-15K. That kept payment down to under 500 a mo. PLUS insurance is same or less as my '09 so that was huge too. If it was 3-5k a yr for a high power car (Some young guys are banged like that) I would never have done it.

So 10-15k out of pocket and under 500 for 5yrs. That's the whole story on my little slice of heaven.

16GoManGoHC2

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Good place to be, me, I’ve got one in college yet, already spending more money and time on this thing then first thought of, it’s close to being where I wanted it to be, a 10 second on street tires car, I ended the summer turning 11.3’s on the street on 315/20 Nitto 05r’s at street pressures, a bit more and consistent high 10’s on the street should be possible and low 10’s, maybe even crack into the high 9’s at the track on track rubber before next winter without breaking something and I’ll be happy with her. The lure of the redeye comes from the same reason I bought this car, it was a 700 hp starting platform, the redeye is a 800 hp starting platform with stronger important stuff from the get go and I think it’s a better go even faster platform then the one I’m toiling on now, that’s what’s driving the itch in me for one.

16GoManGoHC2

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Probably a good thing there’s not any close to me I can test drive lol, more importantly, one close enough to me that I’d be allowed to test drive it in the manner I would need to test drive it to do what it would need to do to me to endure the pain of changing. Think I could convince a salesman I only want 10 seconds of close your eyes and pretend this never happened time with a brand new car?
Closest I came to such a test drive was last year for a rental I was given a 19 Charger Scat pack with 4 miles on it, it was fun but it couldn’t put its 500 hp down good enough to even make me think about going auto, but I think a redeye and all it’s gadgets would ( I LOVE gadgets lol, all the upgrades I’ve done to my car basically the RE comes with and more, I can see myself looking at used ones in upcoming years)

Hickster

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Yes, all will be insulated properly when done
Now when properly insulated, Armaflex and or Armacell makes a coating that is water based that you apply like paint. This will act as a vapor barrier and will prevent moisture from detreating the rubber from outside in. After time, not long, the skin finish will become chalky and start to break down. This finish will prevent moisture from attacking the skin. Can be applied with a brush and comes in quarts or gallons. Applications would be advised 2 coats. Home Depot will tint it from a glossy white to what color you want for nothing. I have used hundreds of gallons of this product and well worth the small amount of effort.

NoCoHC

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Numerous
Any word on what's next with the Power Dollars Rebate? Koons still has a lot of inventory to sale. Maybe cheap leases are next.

Boris

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Any word on what's next with the Power Dollars Rebate? Koons still has a lot of inventory to sale. Maybe cheap leases are next.
Dodge.com states Power Dollars must take delivery by 2/3/20
Looks like its being extended another month!

Slowpoke387

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Enfield
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Dodge.com states Power Dollars must take delivery by 2/3/20
Looks like its being extended another month!
Is anyone surprised really?

NoCoHC

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Numerous
Is anyone surprised really?
Not really Koons seems to be continuing to add inventory. As good of a deal as this is (if you can live with a stripped car) it seems like it's going to take several more months minimum to clear out the cars they have. I saw on the other board someone posted a link to a dealer in California that still has a half dozen or so new 18 Challenger Hellcats:cautious:

Last edited:

Tannehill

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
New castle
State
DE
Country
United States
Dodge has created their own problem now. And what they (and us) saw as a pretty cool sales tactic and muscle car mover has turned into a potential future sales issue. They're stuck with having to keep the rebate longer now to move inventory bloat they produced and/or forced on dealers.

2020s are hitting with nothing really new to bite at other than a widebody Charger, which honestly I don't see being a big game changer on Charger HC sales with regard to yearly sales. Hellcat buyers see the juiciness of those low prices on a HC with $7k+ rebates and below invoice pricing. What HC buyer with half a clue is going to feel good buying their new HC at invoice or higher with no rebates???? (I can sure as hell say not me). So, there will be 2020 buyers, but many smart folk will wait around and hope/require Dodge to offer the power dollars again in the summer for 2020s.

Slowpoke387

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Enfield
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Dodge has created their own problem now. And what they (and us) saw as a pretty cool sales tactic and muscle car mover has turned into a potential future sales issue. They're stuck with having to keep the rebate longer now to move inventory bloat they produced and/or forced on dealers.

2020s are hitting with nothing really new to bite at other than a widebody Charger, which honestly I don't see being a big game changer on Charger HC sales with regard to yearly sales. Hellcat buyers see the juiciness of those low prices on a HC with $7k+ rebates and below invoice pricing. What HC buyer with half a clue is going to feel good buying their new HC at invoice or higher with no rebates???? (I can sure as hell say not me). So, there will be 2020 buyers, but many smart folk will wait around and hope/require Dodge to offer the power dollars again in the summer for 2020s.
Imo you just won the internet. Agree 100%. While I realize it’s not really healthy for the future sales of the current models, I also know there arent many more model yrs for this platform anyway. Not to mention for my own selfish reasons I hope sales are kind of slow and the PB’s return so I can get in on a decent price. Part of me thinks it won’t happen though because I really don’t think they will overproduce again in 2020 like in 2019. I see 2020 being a lot like 2017 was after the 2016 debacle. Very low production numbers and so no PB‘s.
I hope I’m wrong because it may take another new one off the table for me.

Hickster

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Mr Charger/ Challenger,, if you don't accept to my up standing English or down home English then don't pay attention to what ever irritates you. Either one way or the other, but at certain intervals you irritate me and I do not accuse you of being funny stuff tat may have an affect on your vanilla day. At times I speak in a different language, up bringing or medical issues, but you think you are the cream of cow pattys. You may be, but if you want to personally attack me on this forum, please PM me and we can discuss this in any manner you wish. Not to bring in and waste other's time, cut to the chase and speak in whatever tongue you wish. To attempt to publicly embarrass a member shows colors of an out standing member who stands on a fone pole to inter act. If I were you I would take the highly educated Hickster on door #2. Door # 1 is not so nice. sorry to waste this ink on a petty issue.

ChargerChallenger

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lucketts
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Mr Charger/ Challenger,, if you don't accept to my up standing English or down home English then don't pay attention to what ever irritates you. Either one way or the other, but at certain intervals you irritate me and I do not accuse you of being funny stuff tat may have an affect on your vanilla day. At times I speak in a different language, up bringing or medical issues, but you think you are the cream of cow pattys. You may be, but if you want to personally attack me on this forum, please PM me and we can discuss this in any manner you wish. Not to bring in and waste other's time, cut to the chase and speak in whatever tongue you wish. To attempt to publicly embarrass a member shows colors of an out standing member who stands on a fone pole to inter act. If I were you I would take the highly educated Hickster on door #2. Door # 1 is not so nice. sorry to waste this ink on a petty issue.
Hey Hickster I always enjoy your conversations and truly was making light of your posting so sorry I offended you and I didn’t know you had health issues to effect your interaction here. So once again as along term Forum Member and true to my beliefs I don’t enjoy making fun of anyone. Hope your health is manageable and you have peace with your challenges god bless and I won’t bug you and or make comments to belittle you again. And just so you know I deleted the posting so amen.

Last edited:

Slowpoke387

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Enfield
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Better empty your inbox and make room if that was an open invite :LOL:
Btw, most of your attacks here have been out of love. You won me over when you posted asking why a guy can’t reverse his car drunk directly through his garage door and into his retaining wall with being arrested. You had me at “through my garage door” and ive never looked back.
Well that and ur spelling...

Hickster

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Hey Hickster I always enjoy your conversations and truly was making light of your posting so sorry I offended you and I didn’t know you had health issues to effect your interaction here. So once again as along term Forum Member and true to my beliefs I don’t enjoy making fun of anyone. Hope your health is manageable and you have peace with your challenges god bless and I won’t bug you and or make comments to belittle you again. And just so you know I deleted the posting so amen.
Thank you for your concerns and I do not want to waste member's time and space with comments we wish to retract or just not to the up standings of this forum. I appreciate your retraction and hope I do not offend yours's or other's opinions in the future. Some times after treatments the language gets the best of me and I attempt to turn this machine off. I truly attempt to use this tool to learn more concerning my H/C. hopefully we will have a better future and I learn as much as I can. Do not to make unfriendly remarks.

Hickster

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Better empty your inbox and make room if that was an open invite :LOL:
Btw, most of your attacks here have been out of love. You won me over when you posted asking why a guy can’t reverse his car drunk directly through his garage door and into his retaining wall with being arrested. You had me at “through my garage door” and ive never looked back.
Well that and ur spelling...
I do not make things up it just seems to happen to me while others have a nice quiet life and the demons declair war on me, but. That is ok. I have learned to deal with the human race but the other critters are a bit different. Got an a alert concerning the garage door. Well, tat was a trip that lasted a few weeks. Damn door in the way, but the conversations we have here are well respected and left the otta place. I live a much, not deserved, different life. Not bad,,, just a bit interesting and if sum times I affend any one,,, don't take it personally. Off topic, where that was, but to continue to be involved with this forum. You may read some crazy stuff that is true and trust me I wish it wasn't. Garage door episode happened 10 days after I beat up the bouncers at the Holiday Inn bar on Maderia Beach. Just attempting to shake the past demons from hot rods and biker times and wars. You guys help a lot to keep the guns and knives placed in nice places. Thank you all for the info and humors. Or else??? Maybe in another place. My car and cat help. God bless. Enough.