Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

2025 Mustang GTD

Jroc

Premium Account
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Chilliwack
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
DSC00940.jpg DSC00945.jpg DSC00950.jpg

I had a C8 for a year, actually just got rid of it.

My thoughts after a year are this. It's like a Wal-Mart version of a supercar. The numbers on paper are what they need to be, 0-60 in 2.8, 11.1 quarter at 119, handles amazing, trans shifts amazing, looks the part, etc. But I just found that the car didn't have much personality or emotion attached to it. Also they're slow as hell above 60 MPH, I think the 60-130 time is 10 seconds or something like that on these.

Also if you look on the forums and Facebook groups transmission issues seem to be increasingly common. AND Corvette owners are the most cancerous car community I've ever experienced.

DSC00542.jpg

I would recommend considering one of these... 2020+ Mustang GT500. This is the car I regret selling the most and I typically don't really get attached to my vehicles. The 5.2 is an absolute monster and delivers power in an incredible way, the DCT is amazing with how it shifts as well. The car trapped mid 130's stock and with nothing more than a tune, still on pump gas this damn thing would trap 143 MPH. Handles amazingly, not like the typical Mustang handling you're thinking of, makes all the right noises and has all of the personality.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
View attachment 113447 View attachment 113448 View attachment 113449

My thoughts after a year are this. It's like a Wal-Mart version of a supercar. The numbers on paper are what they need to be, 0-60 in 2.8, 11.1 quarter at 119, handles amazing, trans shifts amazing, looks the part, etc. But I just found that the car didn't have much personality or emotion attached to it. Also they're slow as hell above 60 MPH, I think the 60-130 time is 10 seconds or something like that on these.

Also if you look on the forums and Facebook groups transmission issues seem to be increasingly common. AND Corvette owners are the most cancerous car community I've ever experienced.

View attachment 113450

I would recommend considering one of these... 2020+ Mustang GT500. This is the car I regret selling the most and I typically don't really get attached to my vehicles. The 5.2 is an absolute monster and delivers power in an incredible way, the DCT is amazing with how it shifts as well. The car trapped mid 130's stock and with nothing more than a tune, still on pump gas this damn thing would trap 143 MPH. Handles amazingly, not like the typical Mustang handling you're thinking of, makes all the right noises and has all of the personality.
The C8 is a fun car @ a bargain...(it's just not for me)..but my wife absolutely loves hers...she's had it 3 years now...and we have never had an issue with it...you could spend more and get less..is my .02

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
S550 GT500 always seemed to me the DCT transmission held them back. They'd seem to make decent power but not run a decent number compared to my Hellcat. 60 foot suffered. I do realize street driving is not a drag strip but I'd like something I can do both with. I took a quick look and 2021 GT500s are mid $80K to over $100K so kinda back in the same boat. I'm just not convinced they're that class of car. There's a 2021 local for $95K, 6K miles, and has some pretty serious mods from 2.5" pulley to return fuel system, Jokerz port, Kooks headers. Blue with white stripes.

Jroc

Premium Account
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Chilliwack
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
The C8 is a fun car @ a bargain...(it's just not for me)..but my wife absolutely loves hers...she's had it 3 years now...and we have never had an issue with it...you could spend more and get less..is my .02
I agree, it is a great bang for the buck car, I just found it to be lacking personality.

S550 GT500 always seemed to me the DCT transmission held them back. They'd seem to make decent power but not run a decent number compared to my Hellcat. 60 foot suffered. I do realize street driving is not a drag strip but I'd like something I can do both with. I took a quick look and 2021 GT500s are mid $80K to over $100K so kinda back in the same boat. I'm just not convinced they're that class of car. There's a 2021 local for $95K, 6K miles, and has some pretty serious mods from 2.5" pulley to return fuel system, Jokerz port, Kooks headers. Blue with white stripes.
DCT does hold them back quite a bit on the launch. I drag raced my GT500 a lot when I had it. 60 foots were in the mid 1.5 range typically. I did set the stock pulley record and tune only record (yeah I know, micro records) with it going 10.0 at 143.

The stock pulley record was later taken by Kelly Aiken who owns Kelltrac Innovations, I think he went a high 9.8 or low 9.9. Whether I still have the tune only record or not I’m not sure as I haven’t kept up with it.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
View attachment 113447 View attachment 113448 View attachment 113449

View attachment 113450

We've been looking at 2 doors and they just don't fit our lifestyle. We had a Challenger, we just test drove a 911 Carrera 4S and a boxster yesterday. We need a car for traveling and enjoying the ride. Places to put coolers and things like that. You just can't or have easy access in those types of cars.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
You joke, but that is a consideration. Same thing for the C8 Vette just a little different stereotype. I guess next year Dodge owners will have to wear skinny jeans, grow man buns, and start wearing Patchouli though right :unsure:

I'm more of a backward ball cap, jeans, and Chuck Taylors kinda guy. The Hellcat REALLY fit me and felt awesome to own since I had such a love for Dukes Of Hazzard back in the day solely because of the General Lee.

The rub becomes if a Hellcat Redeye is $100K(or more) and I can get a low miles 2017-2019 911 Turbo for about the same it's not a contest. I'm gonna try to be patient and see what happens over the winter with prices before I do anything, but the 911 is in the lead if I'm honest. The Porsche will have hit its depreciation valley and the Hellcats are just starting IMO. The other consideration is I spent 6 years building Go Man Go in to the perfect car for me. I don't know that I have it in me, or the interest, to do all that again. Kinda been there done that.

If only Dodge wasn't changing its stripes. If they made a Gomango Redeye 170 that's for sure what I'd replace it with.
I still believe they killed off this platform prematurely...even though in RE/ HC/ Scat pack trim it's been around for 8 years...one would think they could manage another three maybe four years out of it...(and be profitable)...and extend the 170 production as well as a special order..I mean who says it has to be limited...unless of course there is something I'm missing...:unsure::unsure::unsure:

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
They’re so far on the EV wagon now I don’t think they can turn back. It’ll be interesting to see in a few years when this whole EV experiment blows up what they do next. Probably go bankrupt again. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
You all see where Ford CEO did a road trip in a Lightening? He's now saying they're changing direction and going hybrid

Jroc

Premium Account
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Chilliwack
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
You all see where Ford CEO did a road trip in a Lightening? He's now saying they're changing direction and going hybrid
Haha yeah, apparently he didn’t like the charging experience. I also saw a family was on a road trip in a lightning and ended up ditching it along the way and renting a gas vehicle to complete the road trip lol.

https://insideevs.com/news/681662/s...wner-calls-evs-biggest-scam-modern-times/amp/

Member ID
Reactions
City
Princeton
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 super stock
Still looks like a "bug", no love for Porche here. Not so much a ford guy, but props for not needing bailed out a few years back and combusting aliphatic alkanes into CO2 and water.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Ppl are flipping out over 800hp. Redeye/jailbreak had 807 since what 2019? For 1/3 the price? I get that it’s a track car but 300k msrp is silly especially for a non mid engine offering in that power range .
Oh and….

The “robots in disguise” 🥸 look isn’t doing it for me…
People are not flipping out about 800hp on this car.
They are flipping out about how radical it is overall.

But at the 300k price point, if Ford thought it needed 1000hp, they would have given it 1000hp.

Farley gave an interview and basically said this car is being pointed at the Porsche/MB sports car buyer. They want to move Mustang into that realm as well.

I think this GTD will stomp on just about everything on a road course that you can throw at it.
Kind of like when GM told magazine to bring their best cars to go up against the Z/28 in 2014.

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
At least they're offering and doing something performance.

Not like a hurricane drag pack with 500 horsepower and embarrassing all Mopar owners.
View attachment 113183
I can pass on the wing.

F*ck Stellantis and Joe Biden.
I AGREE TAKE THE WING OFF ,,BUT I MUST ADMIT IT LOOKS GOOD

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
I waz ova asster my town home yesterday, Sunzday, and my car neighbor told me dat anutter naybor across da stree haz a stang wit 1,000 hp. I have snot sceen whore herd it, butt vary curreus to know. Maybeez today, Munday,.
Da damn battery in da trunk thang. Damn piece of shit engineeren back ass wards, but gum what understand. Da 1st attempt waz disassturd rus fer me. 2 waze, 1 frum upstairz, 2 crawl thru da back. Whore youz
con jumpster da frunt 2 open da front wit daaa butt on in da frunt whore back. Well, untonother way if da trunk is ass sessable, jump da cah. Upside down whore snot, it is all a pain in da ass. Guud luck.

OP
P

Prange

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
no longer in Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Charger Scat Pack
Thread Starter #55
I've no doubt the GTD is a great track car. That's just not my focus, street-use is. That's where the 911's shine. Great performing and easy to live with. Just my 2 cents.

OP
P

Prange

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
no longer in Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Charger Scat Pack
Thread Starter #56
This would be a perfect all-season car, (especially for the crap roads we have here):

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
If we are just talking street car or rod, THEN IMO I will say my Redeye is the best for that. Comfy, roomy, storage to spare, decent mileage, can chase any of them around the streets all they dare. It is double protected against the thief’s now. Plus I already own it. Perfect, and it has 345/30’s on its rear too. Because if they get totally wild it is crazy against stupid anyway at that point. Never seen a Porsche, Vette or Mustang that this little 900hp trick can’t eventually chase down yet. It has been on lots of road courses with the best of them.

OP
P

Prange

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
no longer in Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Charger Scat Pack
Thread Starter #58
If we are just talking street car or rod, THEN IMO I will say my Redeye is the best for that. Comfy, roomy, storage to spare, decent mileage, can chase any of them around the streets all they dare. It is double protected against the thief’s now. Plus I already own it. Perfect, and it has 345/30’s on its rear too. Because if they get totally wild it is crazy against stupid anyway at that point. Never seen a Porsche, Vette or Mustang that this little 900hp trick can’t eventually chase down yet. It has been on lots of road courses with the best of them.
I agree. We need one big car for road trips and to haul 99% of the stuff we need. If they still made the Magnum, I'd have another one tomorrow.