Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

2021 Durango R/T Black Top

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
I bought an old 2002 RT for the winter about a month, two months ago. 😁 Gotta put the Challenger away and do some body work on her. Got in trouble with the law a couple days ago in her.
Wait, ... what? What kind of trouble with the law? Cause an accident? Hopefully not arrested. Care to share? If not, I completely understand.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
My tabs went out on the car, and it's painfully difficult to get it registered right now in my state. And a cop came by and was inspecting vehicles, tagged mine and visited me in my store. (I was working, cop came through the parking lot)
So, it's a tag problem? Why so difficult to register? Having problem passing inspection? How would body work play into that?

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Paladin,

Did you get the towing package? If not, can you take a photo of what you have back there standard. I'm assuming it will be the same on the Durango HC that I am looking at (since it was not ordered by the dealer). Like to see what it actually consists of. Tow package says class IV hitch, spare tire, and trailer brake controller. The dealer ordered the spare separately, and I suspect I could get buy with a Class III as long as it has a seven pin connector, and install my own brake controller if I want to.

OP
Paladin06

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
Thread Starter #24
Paladin,

Did you get the towing package? If not, can you take a photo of what you have back there standard. I'm assuming it will be the same on the Durango HC that I am looking at (since it was not ordered by the dealer). Like to see what it actually consists of. Tow package says class IV hitch, spare tire, and trailer brake controller. The dealer ordered the spare separately, and I suspect I could get buy with a Class III as long as it has a seven pin connector, and install my own brake controller if I want to.
Morning,

No we did not get the towing package as we did not need it. She did get damn near all the other options if not all of them. Here is the window sticker and a few rear end photots.

76EF8E87-3AF0-47DA-B40C-CC16EDA92BFE.jpeg 3DFC0E73-3DD0-499C-847C-C343606EA406.jpeg F9709CCD-890B-4E8C-943A-678EB0B4749F.jpeg

T_Trahan44

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2012 Challenger SXT
So, it's a tag problem? Why so difficult to register? Having problem passing inspection? How would body work play into that?
I work in an auto parts house and an officer was cruising through the lot and decided to check my plates because I don't run a front plate. Saw my tabs were out, and decided to come in and have a chat. Said I could drive it home tonight and park it, meaning no trouble otherwise.

Then he showed up the next day to make sure I didn't drive it to work again.

Getting it registered has been immensely difficult.

First, they wouldn't register my vehicle due to COVID. And wanted me to make an appointment that would have taken 4 months to wait for.

Second, they decided I couldn't register my car because it was an out of state loan, and basically told me to send my car back until I paid it off.

Third, I got told I didn't live at my at-the-time residence long enough to register a vehicle. (I had been there four months.)

And now, I just haven't had the funds or the time.

The bodywork is just because I have a rust patch that I haven't fixed up. It's an older 2012 that lived a harsh life before I got it. Haven't had time to do the work and now that I've got a place I can, I wanna do the work properly and take my time. Which is partial as to why I got the Durango.

Last edited:

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
I guess I can see #1, though we have had work arounds in place here that keep folks safe but still get registrations done.

Two makes no sense to me at all. What difference does where the loan is from make? I just sold a vehicle that was titled in The Comanche Nation and registered in Texas and that added some complexity, let me tell you. But if it's an American company its business location should make no difference at all, particularly under the clauses of the constitution dealing with full faith and credit between the states. Someone at the Washington state government told you that?

#3 I guess I can see too - the states have an interest in being able to find the owner if needed and to prevent fraudulent registrations, but usually there is a work around (such as a fist full of utility bills with that address) etc... Or a declaration of residency. Most states your considered domiciled if you intend to stay there for a unknown and indefinite period of time (i.e. not in that location for just a known period, such as working a job that should take 14 months, or otherwise know you intend to leave at a certain time in the future).

Registration was like 2 years and more out or more on the GTO before I sold it and the cops pulled my wife over in it and he actually said, when he came to the window, "wow, I never expected to find someone like you behind the wheel of THIS car." Middle aged lady with at least one kid with her. Gave her a warning. Sounds like a shitty situation T, just try and stay positive. This too shall pass. And it could have been much worse. Towed, ticketed, etc....

Hang in there.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Curious: How wide is the cargo area at its narrowest point? One reason I've bought so many expeditions is that it is made to hold a full sheet of plywood with the second and third row folded flat.

T_Trahan44

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2012 Challenger SXT
I guess I can see #1, though we have had work arounds in place here that keep folks safe but still get registrations done.

Two makes no sense to me at all. What difference does where the loan is from make? I just sold a vehicle that was titled in The Comanche Nation and registered in Texas and that added some complexity, let me tell you. But if it's an American company its business location should make no difference at all, particularly under the clauses of the constitution dealing with full faith and credit between the states. Someone at the Washington state government told you that?

#3 I guess I can see too - the states have an interest in being able to find the owner if needed and to prevent fraudulent registrations, but usually there is a work around (such as a fist full of utility bills with that address) etc... Or a declaration of residency. Most states your considered domiciled if you intend to stay there for a unknown and indefinite period of time (i.e. not in that location for just a known period, such as working a job that should take 14 months, or otherwise know you intend to leave at a certain time in the future).

Registration was like 2 years and more out or more on the GTO before I sold it and the cops pulled my wife over in it and he actually said, when he came to the window, "wow, I never expected to find someone like you behind the wheel of THIS car." Middle aged lady with at least one kid with her. Gave her a warning. Sounds like a shitty situation T, just try and stay positive. This too shall pass. And it could have been much worse. Towed, ticketed, etc....

Hang in there.
I'm hanging in. For the most part, it's not been too difficult on me. The cop was super nice. Turns out he has a 15 Scat Pack and I told him we'll have to go the strip together. He said it'd be pretty fun if we end up going. Hes a nice guy and comes in somewhat regularly now. I've seen him three times since last week.

As far as getting the car registered, I'm not worried about it right now. If I have a legit excuse now not to drive her, I'll take it as the universe kicking me to get to work.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Morning,

No we did not get the towing package as we did not need it. She did get damn near all the other options if not all of them. Here is the window sticker and a few rear end photots.

View attachment 36338 View attachment 36339 View attachment 36340
"Ahem"...maybe its cause I'm so used to stormtroopers posts...but when you said a couple of rear end shots...I kinda started to get excited...:(:(

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I'm hanging in. For the most part, it's not been too difficult on me. The cop was super nice. Turns out he has a 15 Scat Pack and I told him we'll have to go the strip together. He said it'd be pretty fun if we end up going. Hes a nice guy and comes in somewhat regularly now. I've seen him three times since last week.

As far as getting the car registered, I'm not worried about it right now. If I have a legit excuse now not to drive her, I'll take it as the universe kicking me to get to work.
Geeze T man....I feel bad for ya...nothin seems to be workin out fer ya.....on the bright side..at least now yer datin a cop...:love::love:

OP
Paladin06

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #31
Geeze T man....I feel bad for ya...nothin seems to be workin out fer ya.....on the bright side..at least now yer datin a cop...:love::love:
Not sure that’s a good thing. Sleeping with the enemy.

T_Trahan44

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2012 Challenger SXT
He's not very attractive. LOL

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
He's not very attractive. LOL
neither is the prospect of public transportation...

T_Trahan44

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2012 Challenger SXT
Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Johns
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Durango SRT
OP
Paladin06

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #36
Nice! Where did you get the cargo mat from? It should fit my 2021 Durango SRT?
WeatherTech. PN 40493SK

OP
Paladin06

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #37
The mods have begun.
Front marker lights blacked out.
CB178585-2E59-4DCC-B4C7-B03F32EA004E.jpeg
front and rear door sill protective plates.
B05033C2-EAC5-4C66-831B-71EE4E6C41A5.jpeg 1DB1FE74-2BE8-4085-97A7-E0F4F721FD30.jpeg
blacked center caps on wheels.
92B995A3-3651-4C85-9A55-3B882AA18490.jpeg

T_Trahan44

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country