Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

2020 COPO Camaro 5 Days to Decide - What would you do?

CU89

Member ID
Reactions
City
Eau Claire
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2019 Widebody Scat PacK
5 Days to decide whether to buy one of the 69 COPO Camaros that the Chevrolet Performance team will be building for the 2020 race season.

Thoughts?

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
From GM or a profiteer? What are they selling for?

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
Need more information? Seems like that car will be appreciating considerably over the next few years if you are thinking of flipping it?

OP
CU89

CU89

Member ID
Reactions
City
Eau Claire
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2019 Widebody Scat PacK
Thread Starter #4
From GM or a profiteer? What are they selling for?
From GM

130k for the Supercharged edition

Attachments

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
I know where there are 2 of them

Delivered to owners and have yet to see the light of day since. Being stored as "investment"

If you want a race car, buy it because they are bad ass. If you want to race it in Factory Stock, buy it and plan on doubling that to be competitive.

Before the days of Factory Stock i was around a COPO 427 and it was just nasty sounding. Yanked both wheels a solid 4 ft off the ground and went straight all the way down the track. Owner clicked it early but it would have been in the 9s. That was 10 years ago. Could only imagine what the supercharged one would do.

Im not sure they are solid investments because all 3 manufacturers keep bringing new ones out every few years

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
From GM

130k for the Supercharged edition
Rated at 600 and 470HP LOL!!!!!

That supercharged 350 better be in the 7s if they want to catch the Challenger

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
So i just checked Racingjunk.com and they have 3 pages of modern COPO Camaros listed for sale.

Still rarer than a Dodge Demon but they are not exactly hard to get into.

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Well... it would sure as hell be a fun car to race. There is a lot of drag racing out there that you could do other than NHRA Factory Stock with one of these things. Unless you have Pro Stock money and expertise behind you, you’re not going to be competitive in the F/S class. That $130k buys you the starter kit. 😂. I have to laugh at the donkeys who buy these things and put them away as investments. Just because they only make a few doesn’t make them valuable as a collectible. The factories update and sell the new 2020’s for what investors are still asking for their still new 2016 example.

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
So i just checked Racingjunk.com and they have 3 pages of modern COPO Camaros listed for sale.

Still rarer than a Dodge Demon but they are not exactly hard to get into.
There’s a huge difference in the older (2016) F/S cars and the new 2020 versions. The 2020’s are 7 second cars. They have the new higher level cert chassis/cage requirements met and one of these new ones will be 7 second capable as they come. That will not be enough to actually compete at the NHRA National event level past the first round but still one hell of a fun fast drag car.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
There’s a huge difference in the older (2016) F/S cars and the new 2020 versions. The 2020’s are 7 second cars. They have the new higher level cert chassis/cage requirements met and one of these new ones will be 7 second capable as they come. That will not be enough to actually compete at the NHRA National event level past the first round but still one hell of a fun fast drag car.
I know all of that, im not sure what his intentions are if he did buy one. Just trying to paint a picture.

I think its silly to buy these cars as investments. But if you want to use one as a race car they are pretty sweet.
Tried to buy an original Drag Pak back in 08 to bracket race but was not selected. I don't have cubic dollars for F/S