Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

2019 Hellcat Challenger dual stripe revision

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Stripes on the green car look 100% better...the other looks cheezy
I think stripes look good on most colors besides black/granite. They make the paint color pop imo, with that being said matte hood/roof/ trunk lid spoiler works great too. I think the stripes really do well on colors like go mango, f8 green, pcp, white knuckle, torred, b5, besides white most of these colors are "look at me" type of colors.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I think stripes look good on most colors besides black/granite. They make the paint color pop imo...
And I like them on Granite because you can't readily see them. DSCN2297.JPG

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
And I like them on Granite because you can't readily see them. View attachment 8565
they subtly show up on granite and black, which some like and some don't. I think it looks good on both but the effect isn't as great as some of the colors which are lighter than black/granite. I personally wouldn't buy black or granite but stripes or black hood/roof/decklid spoiler are definitely the way to go. These cars deserve to stand out from the lower trims especially with how the aero and body styling is available as packages on r/t, sxt, gt, etc. etc.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I wouldn't have ordered stripes, but that car was off the lot. And over time I've started liking them, because they are so subtle. Kind of like ghost flames.
Along the same lines, I try to have my car not stand out. Getting Granite was part of that. Debadging was another.

In my mind, the more people that think it's a V6, or whatever, the better. I know what it is, and if/when I feel like letting others know that it's not a base model, it's only a matter of using the throttle.

Phizzle

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Francisco
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger Hellcat
Mine was custom cut and laid onto the car. My installer tucked it into the hood scoop pretty clean and flush with my clear bra. I've seen the factory stripes and they don't really look all that great.

Buy it without the factory stripes and get a reputable vinyl installer to do it better and cheaper.

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Miss the stripes (had them on my 16).
Thinking about having them added to my 19.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
I don't have the stripes but accented the black, black, black with red accen.ted. Engine red and black painted and emblems red, black, and clear coated to match the red calipers that were powder coated. Now have to fight with the parts shop at the dealership over parts and colors. Dealers, individual paint shops, paint codes all different and throwing rocks at each other. Everybody is right, everybody else is wrong. All are perfect. Nobody's wrong. Ug. Paint. I would not be a painter fer nutting. Worse than a female parts department,, know what I mean. 1 more 2 days and start on another car. Why did I retire from construction??? See te ex tomorrow to gather some well needed tools. Then get ready to move again and revamp the older town home from 5 years ago. Need to get engaged again to feel better. Yee haw.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Mine was custom cut and laid onto the car. My installer tucked it into the hood scoop pretty clean and flush with my clear bra. I've seen the factory stripes and they don't really look all that great.

Buy it without the factory stripes and get a reputable vinyl installer to do it better and cheaper.
I would say aftermarket stripes don't hold up to factory stripes and I'll explain, I talked to numerous highly rated shops and even called different companies across the country and nobody could seem to completely match the carbon fiber weave pattern on oem stripes, not sure what stripes you saw but they have matte stripes as well now, but anyway glad my car had them ordered, only thing I can say negative about factory stripes is the outfitters rush the job, my rear bumper and roof stripes started peeling a few months into the cars life, had local cdjr warranty and order new stripes for the whole car circa $1400 retail (probably $1100 invoice) and had my guy put them on and haven't had a problem since.

But yeah aftermarket will never be able to match that sick weave pattern.

Hemiride

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Farwell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
I like the Challenger TA stripes as well, Hellcat stripes look awesome IMO. Love to see a A/R Cuda type stripe again someday. Vipers looked awesome with stripes.

GM made a great living for decades with striped cars Vettes, Camaros, Chevelles, Monte Carlo, Novas and various trucks. Appears to have been popular for a long time.
To be correct it was AAR CUDA. Which was one of my favorite cars when I was a kid. That's why I did this to my old srt 20170916_192318.jpg

Hemiride

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Farwell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat