Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

2016 Hellcat Widest Tires on Stock Rims???

Scotteballs

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
AR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat
So I've read most of the old posts about rubber. I don't know if they changed anything between 2015 and 2016, but I seem to have a good 1-1/2" clearance in the rear. I'm looking at the Conti Extreme Contact DW Summer tire, 315/35 20 Rear, 275/40 20 Front. This keeps the diameter exactly the same, gives me 1-1/2" more rubber to the road, and the Continentals are rated for about 50% more tread life than the Pirellis. Now I know that nobody recommends more than 295's on a 9-1/2" rim, but I ran Conti Extreme Contact DWS 295/40 20 on my stock 9" rims on my 2012 SRT 392 with no issues. I am also considering buying 2 more stock rims for the rear and putting some Nittos on them, 305 or 315. Would appreciate any input. [rockon]

HellcatMike

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
I have ExtremeContact right now on my Audi S3 and they are great tires, but really noisy.

Take a look at this site for the fitment calculator.
http://www.willtheyfit.com/

OP
S

Scotteballs

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
AR
Country
United States
Vehicle