Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

2.85 with blower spacers?

Alain

Member ID
Reactions
City
Haskell
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
those Of you who pulled the supercharger coolant lines, did you go under the car prior to restarting it to check and make sure the coolant didn’t get on the exhaust/headers?
im a little nervous that I might have gotten some on my manifolds.

Don’t want the car to catch fire the first time I drive it.

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
It won’t catch fire, it will just have a sweet smell until it burns off, will leave stain marks though if your that particular but it won’t burn, fire it up!!

Alain

Member ID
Reactions
City
Haskell
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
It won’t catch fire, it will just have a sweet smell until it burns off, will leave stain marks though if your that particular but it won’t burn, fire it up!!
Won’t catch fire! That’s a relief, GoManGo. I read a Few articles on line about how volatile coolant is.
I guess as long as it not a leak or a puddle somewhere near the manifold/exhaust I should be fine.
I plan on jacking up the car or putting it on my race ramps before I drive it to make sure there’s not a crazy amount of coolant hidden somewhere under the mofor.

today’s mission was removing the dowels. Took me 5 hours, including a trip to the hardware store for a set of vice grips I didn’t even end up using haha.
I got a long day of work tomorrow so I won’t be able to do anything with it.
Thursday I plan on cleaning the bottom of the supercharger, installing the blanket and spacers and possibly placing it back on top of the motor.

im considered an essential employee so work has been kicking my ass

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
Coolant usually only flammable in a spray mist. Yea, we’re an essential business as well, been balls out since this crap started, busiest ever, can’t make enough product. Hopefully in July and August when it’s 120 around the equipment we’ll slow to a crawl and can relax, working in a mask in 120F isn’t going to be pleasant.