Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

1970 Dodge Charger destroyed by man sick of lowballers

Member ID
Reactions
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Challenger

Backstory
There are open and shut cases, and there's this one, the purchase and crush case. This is so wild it's hard to believe it's real. Apparently a man named Daniel Gagliardi bought a rusted-out 1970 Dodge Charger project car with the intent to flip it. Contacted by The Drive, Gagliardi said he bought the car for $4,200 and listed it for $8,500. "It was a complete car," he said, "not missing a single thing inside, out, underneath, under the hood, wasn't missing a damn thing. Had fender tag, VIN tag, clean title." Instead of negotiating with serious buyers, Gagliardi told the outlet a stream of jokers jerked him around for six months. The time-wasting took a toll, and after 180 days of "no-showers, thousands of no-showers, and a whole bunch of flakers" who didn't have the decency to bring a decent offer and cash, he decided to teach them all a lesson.

So he destroyed the car, filmed the destruction, and cheered it on.

The humorous and ironic part of the video is when Gagliardi tells another man off-camera, "But we got it first! We already robbed it, you can only rob it once!" After that levity, there's only chagrin for anyone sad to see a Charger meet its end so spitefully. Admittedly, however, and in spite of all the vitriol aimed at him, Gagliardi is free to destroy his own property. He's not the first person to crush a car capriciously. Any divorce attorney could tell you a book of tales about precious goods meeting ugly ends for vindictive reasons. Or there's the guy who, commenting on Gagliardi's video on another site, relates how he crushed the Yamaha quad he wanted $800 for after he "got tired of people offering me $200." Ah well. This won't be the last time.

Warning for language, and exceptionally shaky video. If you're hungry for more Charger carnage after this, check out the cinematic obliterations in "7 Ways to Destroy a Charger."

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
I hate lowballers . I wouldn't crush a perfectly good car though . Why do lowballers even bother wasting another person's time? I'm not sure if they are cheap or just a$$holes.

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

72 440 Barracuda

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Graham
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
Obviously he can do whatever he wants with his own property, but it makes me sick to my stomach to see this type of reaction - he obviously has issues... unless I totally missed something.

SpecOps Veteran

Founding Member
U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fayettevile
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Charger, 2021 Hellcat Durango
Seems like a weirdo with mental problems.

stonewall

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Conway
State
AR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Dodge Hellcat Challenger
What did that prove to anybody. That he was stupid! Some real winners in this world.

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
I hate lowballers . I wouldn't crush a perfectly good car though . Why do lowballers even bother wasting another person's time? I'm not sure if they are cheap or just a$$holes.
The dumb shit ham an' eggers on Kijiji kill me. Most people don't value you as a person, your time, or your property.

I scrapped a car on Tuesday that was full of good parts (especially if you are restoring a G-body). I didn't bother with Kidney Car or try listing parts on Kijiji (because people always want you to do the work for them and hand deliver it). No, I simply called my scrap guy (a hard working kid) and gave it to him (and a bunch of other scrap) because I knew he could make the most of it. I've thrown out more "good stuff" than I care to think about because I value my time way more than the parts.

stonewall

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Conway
State
AR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Dodge Hellcat Challenger
On the other side of that coin, I have also driven across the state, to look at what was advertised and confirmed by the owner to be a rust free! car. to find a rust bucket that would fall apart trying to load it on a trailer. The point is that some people have blinders on when advertising their treasure for sale. In this case. It may have not been worth the 8K he was asking. I cant tell from the pictures.

MiHiHemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Parker
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT 426
Pretty smart actually. I’d bet he made a bunch more $$ from going viral on Youtube.

OLDBAYCRAB

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middle River
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger WB Redeye Octane Red
The dumb shit ham an' eggers on Kijiji kill me. Most people don't value you as a person, your time, or your property.

I scrapped a car on Tuesday that was full of good parts (especially if you are restoring a G-body). I didn't bother with Kidney Car or try listing parts on Kijiji (because people always want you to do the work for them and hand deliver it). No, I simply called my scrap guy (a hard working kid) and gave it to him (and a bunch of other scrap) because I knew he could make the most of it. I've thrown out more "good stuff" than I care to think about because I value my time way more than the parts.
More than once, I have taken an old car (still road worthy but, high mileage and not in the greatest shape) to CARMAX for a couple $100. Get a few bucks in my pocket and rid myself of something that was more life clutter than it was worth otherwise. Been purging other things around the house by the truckload since retirement. Amazing how much crap you acquire over the years. If we haven't used it in a year... it's gone. Going to be tough to do when I get to the garage though. Never know when you will need that purple unicorn light bulb from a 75 Ford Mustang... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
:mad::sick::cry::eek:

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Morons who put there moronic deeds for all to see just shows you how truly stupid people really are. He purchased it to flip it. He couldn't find anyone after 6 months of trying to pay more for it then he did so he destroyed it. Genius.

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Pretty smart actually. I’d bet he made a bunch more $$ from going viral on Youtube.
I hope he made more the $4200 with 128000 views.

HarleyHetz

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
ARLINGTON
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Sublime Widebody Challenger Hellcat
What an asshat!!

The Englishman

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newbury
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2018 Demon
What a twat💩,
does show a certain amount of style tho

Hunter

9000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Guy has issues.
I get it, getting mad at low ballers, but...?
Burning your own money?
Didn't hurt anyone but him.
A**Hat probably loaded?

Thawkmike

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
He sounds like a Facebook male attention whore.
And if it’s true he’s done this before, he definetly is. Nothing more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TMAC

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mesa
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Lowballers are scum of the earth. Most of them live pointless, worthless, dismal lives. The only reason they show up to a sale is because it makes them feel important. The seller takes them seriously, for a little while. Until he figures out what they really are.

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
Yea, that’ll learn us. Silly man.

Tsubahog

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fl
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I have a 1970 Charger. Beautiful car. What a shame to see that. :cry:

B5Cat16

Member ID
Reactions
City
S
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
He obviously wasn't a car guy. Only in it for the money. No one in their right mind would do something like that.

Latest Forum Posts