Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

07 Charger RT Hellcat Build POW MIA

AKCharger

U.S. Coast Guard Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Wasilla
State
AK
Country
United States
Vehicle
2007 Dodge Charger
Started with my 07 Charger RT. Got a complete turn key pallet engine with all the goodies from Cleveland Power and Performance. Came from a wrecked 2019 Charger Hellcat with only 2018 miles on the drive terrain. Bought the entire drive terrain. Rear end with subframe already installed. 5.7 is already out getting ready to swap the Hellcat engine with transmission in.

Attachments

72 440 Barracuda

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Graham
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
Started with my 07 Charger RT. Got a complete turn key pallet engine with all the goodies from Cleveland Power and Performance. Came from a wrecked 2019 Charger Hellcat with only 2018 miles on the drive terrain. Bought the entire drive terrain. Rear end with subframe already installed. 5.7 is already out getting ready to swap the Hellcat engine with transmission in.
So I am curious - what is the plan to integrate all the electronics - From the Hellcat into the Charger? Basically swap everything over as a package?
I ask because I have thought about doing a similar swap into an older platform and the electronics and the integration into the "new" platform seems to be the biggest issue. I would assume most of the hardware (engine, trans and drivetrain) would swap over pretty easily (?) but the key is the electronics in my mind...
Sounds like a cool project!!!!

OP
AKCharger

AKCharger

U.S. Coast Guard Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Wasilla
State
AK
Country
United States
Vehicle
2007 Dodge Charger
Thread Starter #3
So I am curious - what is the plan to integrate all the electronics - From the Hellcat into the Charger? Basically swap everything over as a package?
I ask because I have thought about doing a similar swap into an older platform and the electronics and the integration into the "new" platform seems to be the biggest issue. I would assume most of the hardware (engine, trans and drivetrain) would swap over pretty easily (?) but the key is the electronics in my mind...
Sounds like a cool project!!!!
The turn key pallet comes with ECM and the entire engine and body wire harnesses including the fuse boxes. There are a lot of info on the web for the swap and wiring issues. For my car not much changes from 2007 to 2019 express some advanced electronics. The pallet is put together and you can start and run it on the pallet.

72 440 Barracuda

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Graham
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
The turn key pallet comes with ECM and the entire engine and body wire harnesses including the fuse boxes. There are a lot of info on the web for the swap and wiring issues. For my car not much changes from 2007 to 2019 express some advanced electronics. The pallet is put together and you can start and run it on the pallet.
Even though that sounds like a lot of work, it sounds like a fun project - keep us posted with pics on how its going!!!